Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 Director

cbraz70

When creating the show (in newer versions of the software) in the Hardware Utility, you are asked, "Is this a G3 blah blah" device.

If you select YES, make sure that anything connected to NET2 is set to "AUX A" in the sequences.

tks,  for communication speed do I set both ports  to 57.6 k and  lor controllers on port 1 & ccr's on port 2  or  do I run all on 1 network.

I can not get net2 to work. I have my 12 Ws2811 programmed to Channel 4A, Aux A, 4B,Aux A and so on, it doesn't respond. If I take out Aux A and use a regular network and use net1 it works but lags alot. any ideas on how to get net2 to respond.

I have new controllers and older ones, there all up to proper firmware.

I GIVE UP!!   Ive tried everything changed network and network speeds still cant get it to run right. 7 lor controllers on port 1 56k and port 2 12 ccr's  at 56k tried different speeds for ccr's still nothing on port2.

I GIVE UP!!   Ive tried everything changed network and network speeds still cant get it to run right. 7 lor controllers on port 1 56k and port 2 12 ccr's  at 56k tried different speeds for ccr's still nothing on port2.

Open the sequence in the SE, click Tools -> Channel Configuration.

In the "Network" column, what does it say for your CCRs? 

How are you creating the show? Do not use the Simple Show Builder, please. Use the Hardware Utility. Make sure you indicate that it IS a new G3 unit. 

post-7512-0-61260500-1384485582_thumb.jp      I did change channel configuration to  lor controllers to regular network and 12 ccr's to aux A at 56k recommended on each port. then I open hardware utility click on   step  1- LOR MP3     2- add sequence      3-create show     4-check sd card is for new g3 dual network director   5- selection speeds main port 56k and 2nd port 56k then place it on sd card.  

I have a similar issue. I have 2 identical network layouts, all CCB pixels, when I run the sequences from the pc everything works, when I write it to a class4 SD card and go through all the same steps listed above I then put the card in the G3MP3 player and only network 1 is running. I cannot get Aux A to run no matter what I try. am I missing something? do I need to change any settings on the MP3 somehow? please help.  

The only advice I can offer that has not already been stated is that after you set up the sequence Editor with network speeds for both reg and Aux A network, it tells you to restart LOR for the settings to take affect. I found that if I rebooted my computer after making the changes, then Aux A started to work. I did it once at 56k, got my CCBs (all 16) working but the response was sluggish. I then reconfigured everything for Aux A to be 500k, rebooted and it worked.

I also experienced some weirdness with after everything was working and I copied a new show to the SD card and tried it nothing worked again. If I had hair on my head I would have pulled it all out. I had been doing a lot of copying and pasting of SSS sequences into a regular sequence. I gave up for the night. Shutdown the computer and then next morning I tried loading a sequence again to the SD card and everything magically worked. I have not had the time to replicate the problem and being a software product manager in real life, I know it is difficult to fix something without first having a repeatable process where it breaks.

Good luck and definitely try the reboot and make sure that your network speeds are set properly in the Sequence Editor configuration.

Ross

I have experienced a similar issue where I could not get animation music sequences to use AUX network.

A show file without a MP3 on the SD card looked like it was running on a G3 Director but it was not.

But converting animation to a music sequence and adding silent mp3 worked.

Carson