Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get an audio file

SSonicman

I want to take an audio clip off of Christmas Vacation. I want the part where Clark announces how many lights he has and then the family does a drum roll. I have googled it to death and can find every audio clip in the movie but that one. I have the DVD, how can I get it from there like everyone else has taken others clips from there?

Sonicman wrote:

I want to take an audio clip off of Christmas Vacation. I want the part where Clark announces how many lights he has and then the family does a drum roll. I have googled it to death and can find every audio clip in the movie but that one. I have the DVD, how can I get it from there like everyone else has taken others clips from there?

I believe that if you use Audacity then you can record the audio from the clip. It is a free program and you can find the link by searching this board or on PC. There are also some good posts about how to use the program. I just recorded that clip along with others from some movies I own, but I use a program call Total Recorder. I believe that TR cost $15. I purchased TR a while ago, before I knew of these wonderful sites. I am going to use Audacity to mix them into some voiceovers that I am doing along with some background music...I can't wait to see, err, sorry, hear how they turn out.

I have used Audacity to do just that. If you have a DVD player in your PC, you can play the clip that you want to record and while it's playing, have Audacity record the clip. You can then use Audacity to clean it up. It's not the easiest program to use if you've never used an audio editing program, but with a little trial and error I was able to do what I wanted.