Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
ncosper

Custom font sizes in SSE?

Recommended Posts

ncosper    0

Is this possible? I'm using the new keyword in visualizer and 150 pixel strings, Needless to say when I try to use the included font sizes they are incredibly scrunched vertically. I see the height and width sizes when you select a font but they don't seem to be adjustable. I would need to triple the height font sizes to make them legible on these longer strings. 

TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianBruderer    141

The height and width is a part of the name of the font. There is no way to adjust the size of an existing font.

 

A new font would need to be created. The fonts are at:

c:\ <your lightorama folder> \ SuperStar \ Fonts

 

 The height and width and font name are in the font file. For example, this is the first line of "10-12x12_Bold.custom.font"

 

<SuperStarFontFile saveFileVersion="1" name="Bold" system="0" capsHeight="10" cellWidth="12" cellHeight="12">

 

If you wanted a font with triple the height, you could copy "10-12x12_Bold.custom.font" and rename it to "10-12x36_Bold.custom.font" and then you also need to change the first line to be:

 

<SuperStarFontFile saveFileVersion="1" name="Bold" system="0" capsHeight="10" cellWidth="12" cellHeight="36">

 

If SuperStar is already running, shut it down and launch it again and click on the Text tool and you should see the new font file in the list. Then click on "Font Character Entry" in the Text dialog box and you need to define all the characters in the font. After defining the characters be sure to click on "Save" button underneath the font list. Experiment with a few characters, save, shut down superstar, launch it again and make sure the characters you defined are still there.

 

If you have the patience to do so, you can define all the characters in the whole font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerry72    103

Brian, can you please explain  Caps height, cell height and cell width. I am trying to put the words We Love, i changed the font to 10-10x10, but the width did not change. I want to stay with bold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dibblejr    376
1 hour ago, jerry72 said:

Brian, can you please explain  Caps height, cell height and cell width. I am trying to put the words We Love, i changed the font to 10-10x10, but the width did not change. I want to stay with bold.

Jerry - ItsMeBob (Bob) posted yesterday his program for doing exactly what you are looking for

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

I think its Vegomatic - Its free

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianBruderer    141

Changing the name of the font file will have no effect on the font it contains. If you open the font file up in notepad you will see some parameters at the beginning of the file that determine the height and width of the font, and the height including the lower case descenders. After changing that, you then need to change the actual pixel definition of the characters using the top part of the text dialog box.

Note that if you have a small amount of text you want done a certain way, you can create an image of the text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsMeBobO    276
17 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Jerry - ItsMeBob (Bob) posted yesterday his program for doing exactly what you are looking for

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

I think its Vegomatic - Its free

JR

Thanks for the plug JR, I appreciate it.    Please honor the forum subject and who the OP is addressing.  This question was posted in the SuperStar forum for help with that tool which Brian promptly provided.  Offering alternative tools may be considered off topic here.  I usually try post in the coffee shop forum.   Thanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dibblejr    376
16 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

Changing the name of the font file will have no effect on the font it contains. If you open the font file up in notepad you will see some parameters at the beginning of the file that determine the height and width of the font, and the height including the lower case descenders. After changing that, you then need to change the actual pixel definition of the characters using the top part of the text dialog box.

Note that if you have a small amount of text you want done a certain way, you can create an image of the text.

 

4 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Thanks for the plug JR, I appreciate it.    Please honor the forum subject and who the OP is addressing.  This question was posted in the SuperStar forum for help with that tool which Brian promptly provided.  Offering alternative tools may be considered off topic here.  I usually try post in the coffee shop forum.   Thanks.  

OOps, My apologies. No disrespect intended to either of you.

 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×