Light-O-Rama Forums

Drawing Multiple CCB Strings in Visualizer (trouble)

Ralph A

Having trouble with drawing two CCB's in the vis.  I have sequenced some of the songs and laid out the CCB on the floor and they work correctly.  It's just getting them into the vis that I'm having a fit with.

Here's my lay out: CCB Controller 1 (network H, Unit B1) has two strings of 50.  String 1 is placed on the east side of my roof and pixel number 50 ( circuit 148,149,150 in SE)  is to  the far east, with the pixels counting down to 1 (circuit 1,2,3 in SE)  as you move west.  Then string 2 (network H, Unit B1) starting at pixel 1 (circuit 161,162,163 in SE) then moving west to pixel 50 (308,309,310 in SE)   I have them flipped in the hardware utility so the run as a continues line.

Here's the problem in the vis.  I draw the first string (far east) with no problem. In the ccr settings wizard Physical starting pixel # is 1.  Resolution is set to 50.  When I try to draw the next string, I do it the same way but I get an error, stating, "CCR is not contiguous.  Net pixel is 1 but should be 51. Main CCB CCR1 does not have exactly 50 pixels. Check all child CCR's."

The thing is when you go into the setting on the CCR in the wizard it only goes up to 50.  So why does the vis say I need to go to 51?  I understand in theory but seems like I'm missing something in the set up.  Can anyone please help me see the error of my ways?

Thanks Ralph

Hey Martin, First close SE.  Then open your Hardware Utility. When it first opens that is the LOR control tap or first window. Then make sure that only the one CCB controller is connected to the USB 485. Also make sure the you are set to the correct com port. Click refresh at the top to find your controller.  Once located, on the hardware utility screen Look at the bottom under configure, click that tap. Then you will see a box just above the configure tab that says, CCR-CCB config.  Once you do you will see where the Duel normal is.

Hope this helps, if not let me know.

So I take then each controller box for the CCRs will have two different base unit IDs? 

Sorry I get my first set of CCRs tomorrow.  Trying to setup in visualizer so I can start working when them in Super Star and see what my light sequencing looks like.  Want to make sure I am sequencing my roof lights correctly since light 1 will be close together ie:

50 - 49 - ... - 2 - 1   Roof peak  1 - 2 - ... - 49 50

So I take in visualizer I will have to setup each 50 light CCR string with two different Base Unit IDs.

This is my first year doing a light show so I am a newbie. 8)

Martin I am using CCB (cosmic color bulbs) not CCR (cosmic color ribbons)  The CCB's have two sets of strings where the CCR's only have one strip.