Light-O-Rama Forums

Known Dim-Able LED Brands?

Rapajez

I was wondering if everyone could chime in with known-dim-able LED brands. I've purchased a few brands that will only turn the LED lights on or off, no 50% or Fade out...It's no fun dropping $200 on 8 sets only to find out they don't dim...

I know the Target Philips brand seems to dim fine. Not sure otherwise. 

Specifically, looking for a good price on LED net-lights (red sets and blue sets). 

I apologize if there's already a thread like this, but I didn't see one.

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Rapajez

I use Phillips from Target and a lot of BigLots lights which all work fine using Gen3 controllers. I'm one who wasted money on "Marha" lights from Home Depot...stay away from them unless you are going to use them only for on/off. I bought a string from Walmart and it worked too! I can't speak for the majority of their strings though since I've not tried them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful.  I bought lights from a very popular vendor only to find that the lights seem to twinkle when dimming.  It is a common problem even with full wave "fully dim-able" led's.

The vendor said he had never heard of the problem but the topic is discussed here often.  I ended up having to make snubbers to get them to work properly.

I hear a "snubber" mentioned often but don't know what that is. Also can the uses of a snubber make non dimming lights dim?

I hear a "snubber" mentioned often but don't know what that is. Also can the uses of a snubber make non dimming lights dim?

I can explain but i stumbled upon this video a few days ago... Start watching from 5:50

Well... I guess i cant post a youtube link..

A snubber its when you plug something at the end of your light string to pull a little more current so the lights can dim without flickering. Look at the picture attached as to what the guy in the video was using..