Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Songs Playing at once

Dave Boros

I'm trying to see about running multiple songs at the same time in different rooms (one song per room). Is there a way to do that off one mini director or does it need to be run off a pc? Is it even possible? Is there a way to run audio without a transmitter? (Can it be plugged directly to receivers?) I have multiple PC16 controllers I can use.

Thanks

I do see a way to do it with two songs.  Create a track in audacity with one song completely on the left channel and one song completely on the right.

Create a sequence first with track A then replace the audio with track B and sequence that in the same sequence (using different channels).

Then you can replace with the blended audio track.

You would want to run the audio thru your stereo with the left speaker in one room and the right in the other.

It should work.

• Like 2

If you're wanting different action {sequences} for each song, no way to really do that using a single PC or even a single Director.   To do multiple rooms with different songs and different sequences would require at least one controller for each room and one PC or one Director unit for each room to accomplish what you're wanting to do.

That is you could have 3 controllers with ID #1, one would be in your living room, another in the Den and the 3rd in another room, then you'd need 3 director units connected via cat5 to each controller it would control, or 3 PC's with USB485 dongles on each PC to be able to accomplish this.

Which if you could afford that extra expense for the extra dongles, PC's or Director units, you could do it.

But with one Dircctor or one PC controlling it all, just no way to do it, at least not at this time.

Maybe something for LOR to think about incorporating into future director units, like possibly a dual or quad director that could use 2 SD {Dual Director} or 4 SD {Quad Director}cards to run 4 independant shows thoughout a home or city park type setting.   Got to admit, I think it'd be great to be able to do such a thing like you're wanting built into one Director unit.   Don't know if a single PC could or would be able to accomplish it, but a multi-director unit would be able to do so.

Just not sure if there would really be much of a demand for a dual or quad director unit.  

Anyone else care to comment on whether this would be something folks would really want, need or use?

Edited by Orville

Thanks for the input, guys. Kinda what I figured. Looking to use my controllers in a haunted house next year, and want to run diff tracks in diff sections of the house. Maybe we'll use the current sound set up, and I'll just independently program the channels to each room.

Thanks for the input, guys. Kinda what I figured. Looking to use my controllers in a haunted house next year, and want to run diff tracks in diff sections of the house. Maybe we'll use the current sound set up, and I'll just independently program the channels to each room.

A mini-director in each room would work, you could even add a motion detector to trigger the sequence when someone walked in.

• Like 1