Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB How To's

rbmurray210

ok, so im trying to figure out how to get different colors using the LOR RGB Floods other than RGB.  I have figured out how to change one of my channel I used for incandescent floods last year, but just cant figure how to get like a white color flood using them.

Running

3.6.0 software

RGB floods from LOR

CMB24D board

12v power supply

48 channels (3 units)

27 led controller

help help help help........

thanks

that's what I have been looking for....you're a lifesaver aka time save...

thanks

Ron

any other helpful rgb tutorials will be greatly appreciated...

When you are building a rgb flood in visualizer is the 1st RGB device Circuit 1 for red, 2 for green 3 for blue? Or do you use just circuit 1 for all 3 colors on the same device?

WOW This was extremely helpful. I am going to take this home and play with it now. Just thread jacking. I'm just getting my feet wet with RGB this year. I'm using a Rainbow flood from Seasonalentertainmentllc.

Thanks

Evan

Yes.  BTW, glad to see you back on the forum.  How's your setup coming along?

Hours at work were making it impossible to do anything. Leave my house 6:15, get home 7:00. Now I have a new route and I'm home 4:00. Not sure I can get everything I want done. But, we'll see. Never realized the sequencing would take so much time.

The ribbon with the silicon jacket is the best, but more expensive.  The silicon coated ribbon is cheaper, but the backside is not weather proof.  It needs to be imbedded in silicon for it to last.  I buy my ribbon from Ebay, lots of vendors and wide price range for the same thing.  Amazon is the best place for a 12v, 30amp power supply.

So are you all guys just using LOR DC Boards to driver your RGB lights then? It seems to me that you guys have control over each individual RGB light but, maybe I'm missing something.

Evan

Most RGB lights are DC. So you need the DC board to drive the RGB channel. So you get 8 channels of RGB out of that 24 channel LOR DC card.

For me, since I am using only dumb strings of lights, each channel is controlling up to 200 bulbs. One card is able to handle 2 bushes, 2 trees and 4 floods (each flood on a different RGB channel).

The LOR DC card is another component on the LOR network and mine has 2 AC boxes, 3 CCR boxes and the DC card. So far the pieces are playing nice.

Before the LOR DC card came out I had already added DMX cards. These also drive the RGB components but are 27 channels or 9 RGB channels. They run on the DMX network. I have 2 of these cards on my separate DMX network.

Again, they are all playing nicely.

I control each channel individually in the SW but each RGB channel is actually 3 channels being controlled in the SW. The color fade tool makes this possible. And that is with the LOR DC card or the DMX cards.

RGB TIPS:

The colors in the color picker tool don't always match the output of the lights. Orange and Yellow are very hard to get right.

Use the Hardware control panel to get the color you want then convert the 100% values to 255 equivalents

Example. If the color you want is R=80%, G=40%,B=10%, then the RGB values would be 204,102,25.

In my sequences when I need white, I normally run white at 80%, which is still white and leaves me with the option to use 100% for "Really Bright White" elsewhere for accents.

• 4 weeks later...

I think most make there own cables by soldering 4wire pigtails ends to 4wire cable. The nice thing about that is you get the exact length you need. Or you can use pre-made 4wire cables. I carry both pigtails and cables in different lengths.

http://store.creativelightingdisplays.com/Waterproof-Cables_c28.htm

I used 18/4 shielded security wire worked well 500' for 56.50

4 prong both female and male ends 10 sets for 13.95 (not a bad deal)

• Like 1