Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral effect for ccr tree

slayerbobt

trying to do a continuous spiral . i got it working "sort of".cant figure out how to start from the very top left corner.any ideas.. thanks 

post-5958-0-31197100-1383526663_thumb.jp

Edited by slayerbobt

You could try creating an image that has the 3 colored stripes and then using the image in an image action that goes from top to bottom, or bottom to top.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I please have some more info on how you do a spiral effect as I can not seem to work it out and I think it is a great effect witch I would like to do on my CCR tree for this year thanks

Do you mean the Spiral effect in the Smooth effects dialog box? If so, the best way to do it is to change the values of each of the fields in the dialog box and see what they do. Also, you can look at the help files:

1) Click on Help and select Contents

2) Click on the plus sign to the left of SuperStar Sequencer

3) Click on the plus sign to the left of Custom Sequences

4) Click on "Smooth Effects"

There is a description of Shockwave, Spiral, and Fan and all the controls in those dialog boxes

Also do the following

1) Click on the plus sign to the left of "Summary of Commands and Keyboard Accelerators"

2) Click on "Sequencing Grid Commands for Smooth Effects (Showckwave, Spiral and Fan)

This will show you how to change the little arrow on the sequencing grid. The arrow controls the angle and the star and end radius. An arrow going out will make a spiral go outward. An arrow going in will make spiral go inward.

Thanks for this info. I am running 12 ccr's horiz. I used it to put two fans one on right side and one on left side both spinning. Now I just have to figure out how to make spin opposite directions.

The speed of the spin for the spiral in the smooth effects is determined by the revolutions setting and the start and end time of the spiral effect. If it starts at 1.00 seconds and ends at 2.00 seconds and revolutions is set to 1.00 then the spiral will make one clockwise revolution in 1 second. To make it spin counterclockwise, set revolutions to a negative number.

• Like 1

Sorry, I do not have a video on spiral effects. I plan on doing one eventually but I'm afraid I won't be able to this year.