Light-O-Rama Forums
steve synek

How to turn off the comm listener?

I ran a test of my dmx dongle on my laptop (which I use for programing but not running my show) but now cannot figure out how to make it stop looking for something that isn't connected.  It just keeps running- error cannot open adapter.

Can anyone direct me?

Thanks

Steve

Turn off the LOR control panel or change network preferences to not have any DMX or E1.31

You can also "unload LOR" from the task bar and that will turn it off. It should stay off until you select the Control Panel again.

Thanks guys

I just selected none for the dongle in the dmx preferences............that did the trick.

Now I will just have to reset my network preferences when I am ready to turn on the show.

Steve

You can also "unload LOR" from the task bar and that will turn it off. It should stay off until you select the Control Panel again.

You would really be better off by following Ron Boyd's advice.  Right-click on the blue lightbulb, and select "Unload LOR".  This way, there is no need to mess with your network settings.