Light-O-Rama Forums

ActiDongle and LOR in need marriage counseling

NC__Lights

Just revived my new ActiDongle from HolidayCoro and could use some veteran advice.

But first here is some info.  

Purchased & Installed LOR advanced yesterday. First on a Win 8 machine and then on a Win 7 x64 machine with the same result....none lol <letting off some steam>

Running the output of the ActiDongle to Basic / Dumb DMX Controller with 3 DMX channels ( Controller works fine when controlling it from a DMX light board.)

Installed Drivers for the ActiDongle via this post

Watched and followed THIS VID on set up.

Light blinks Green on ActiDongle, Yellow is solid. 

Things that differ in the vid from my experience that may or may not be an issue are as follows.

My device show up as A7WMICFL and not as ENTTEPRO and he shows HERE

LOR does not shoe an extra output window as he demos HERE

My lights never receive a signal. 

The following are Troubleshooting ideas I have tried on my own with no success.

Make sure "Play>Control" Lights is enabled

Make sure LOR port is set to "None"

Set DMX "protocol" to "RAW DMX"

Set DMX "protocol" to "ENTTEC DMX USB Pro"

Change CAT 5 cable

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!

:)

Yupp. That is the problem. Open your ports in windows device manager and find what port the holiday coro is on. Then match that in LOR under the networks tab.

I get this error:

DMX Adapter Conflict

A DMX universe and an LOR network appear to be using the same adapter.

Universe1 is using A7WMIcFL.

This adapter is also refered to as COM4 wich is in use LOR Network Regular

Only one universe or LOR Network can use any given adapter.

So i guess the good news is that LOR and my computer are both seeing the DMX AtciDongle. 

But im still not sure why the lights arnt getting a signal.

Staring to think my Actidongle has a hardware issue. 

I have reset the LOR port to None via the instuctions. 

Sounds like both dongles are using the same comm port, which would be a reason you get the error. I have 3 LOR dongles and one Actidongle and they work great. Now if you use 2 Actidongles on the same computer it gets a bit more complicated.

SOLVED:

When people are talking about "Control Panel" they are not talking about windows control panel they are talking about Light O Rama Control Panel.

A manual "Administrator" launch of "Light O Rama Control Panel" Made all my woes dissolve.

Just an idea... don't name you program after a Key component in windows OS.   

SOLVED:

When people are talking about "Control Panel" they are not talking about windows control panel they are talking about Light O Rama Control Panel.

A manual "Administrator" launch of "Light O Rama Control Panel" Made all my woes dissolve.

Just an idea... don't name you program after a Key component in windows OS.   

What did you do to get the devise to show up as ENTTEPRO?  The only option that shows up for me is A7WM0ZX2.

Sounds like both dongles are using the same comm port, which would be a reason you get the error. I have 3 LOR dongles and one Actidongle and they work great. Now if you use 2 Actidongles on the same computer it gets a bit more complicated.

How do you set the comm port for the dmx dongle?  It is on comm 10 when I look at windows device manager. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little heads up . If you have more than one Actidongle you need to give each one it's own unique name. They all come configured to the same n as me . Dave. Has a link to a program to accomplish this. ( on the HolidayCoro Actidongle page)

Just a little heads up . If you have more than one Actidongle you need to give each one it's own unique name. They all come configured to the same n as me . Dave. Has a link to a program to accomplish this. ( on the HolidayCoro Actidongle page)

The new ones have a a random serial number assigned instead of ENTTEPRO. So this is not needed with the new ones.

• The topic was locked