Light-O-Rama Forums

Enclosure for CCP Controller

sharpsvillelights

They already come in water proof cases

Not by what happened to me last year. I would go a little beyond what they come in

Not by what happened to me last year. I would go a little beyond what they come in

+1 on that. I lost a CCB controller last year due to moisture.

+1 on that. I lost a CCB controller last year due to moisture.

Ditto - I lost one too.  The replacement seems to be sealed much better than the original, though.

I screwed my CCP controllers to a 1X. On the back of the 1x I used a couple of bolts and nuts to attach a piece of 1/2" PVC. I plan to drive a piece of rebar in the the ground, the slide the PVC over the bar. I plan to cover the controllers with a zip lock bag and duct tape in on. Then spray paint the zip lock bag.

Hope it works.

They should easily fit in a cg 1500 enclosure .... dont know if the mounting screw tabs line up. But size is compatible

I tried this with my CCB controller, and I am assuming CCP is the same, but you will need to cut the power cord and re-solder it because it won't fit through the hole in the enclosure unless you enlarge it. I think of all the cableguard enclosures, the biggest hole on any of them is .75 inches, and I believe the clearance to get the power cord thru is 1".

I inquired with creativelightingdisplays about this months back and this is the response I received.

So it looks like the CG-500 is really tight and you may have to cut off the mounting tabs on the CCB controller to lay flat….or cut off the bottom inside lip of the CG-500.

The CG-1000 is bigger and have plenty of room for the controller. The bottom holes are slightly larger than the CG-500 but not big enough for the power cord. The waterproof cables to  the CCB is no problem.

You have a couple of options….

Make one of the holes or combine two holes larger to fit the power cord.

De-solder the power cord from the controller and fit through one of the holes and re-solder,

Cut the power cord and add a connector between the end and controller that sits inside the enclosure.

Edited by robigd

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked