Light-O-Rama Forums

Donating my 2012 prize to the Newbie Controller Fund

ScottyMo

My display won the 2012 Halloween contest for 65 channels and over (Thank you Lightorama!).  The prize is a $400.00 store credit.  I’d like to donate it to a forum member.  ItsMeBobO who runs the newbie controller fund has agreed to award it as the runner up prize for next year’s fund.

I had a blast creating my first display last year and put in well over 400 hours.  The public’s response was great, and the canned food drive was a success.  I had big plans to expand it for 2013, but just never found the time so there is no change to it this year.  And I don’t see me changing it for many years.  I’m probably OCD mixed with ADD.  Meaning:  when I get interested in something new, I submerse myself in it and “do it to death”.  Once I’ve done it, the ADD kicks in and I get bored and want to move on to something else.  Who knows, maybe I'll get back into it again in a couple years :-)

It's a great hobbie and I hope whoever gets the prize enjoys creating light displays as much as I did.

ScottyMo

Here is the video for the display...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF2LHDCHZpo

Edited by ScottyMo

Hey ScottyMo,

Do you still have those pictures of your faces somewhere (How-to)? If you do, would you mind posting them again, or just send them to< dariansdad@att.net>

For some off the wall reason I can't seem to find them.

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Hey ScottyMo,

Do you still have those pictures of your faces somewhere (How-to)? If you do, would you mind posting them again, or just send them to< dariansdad@att.net>

For some off the wall reason I can't seem to find them.

Thanks,

Ron

Hey Ron.  Here is the thread that shows how I made them...

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22448-a-different-approach-singing-faces/?hl=%2Bnew+%2Bapproach+%2Bsinging

• The topic was locked