Light-O-Rama Forums

Oregon Halloween Show-1st Year with LOR

Beaver State Rich

Hey all, thanks for the help in getting this rookie going this year.

This is what I ended up with this year, it is our first effort at a "show" and I think it came out pretty good.  We have been building our static display the last couple of years and having the light control really turned the dial up to "11".  Just having the ability to have the computer turn the display on at 6 and off at 10 has been worth the effort.  The fact that I could have a thunder clap and flash every 15 min was a bonus.

The show we have been running the last 2 weekends and on Halloween night is 3 parts.  The first section is to reflect City of the "Dam"med.  We are in Corvallis Oregon home of Oregon State Beavers (Beaver "Dam" -get it?) and since I am an Alum it had to be done.  The tombstones in the graveyard are the other 11 Pac-12 teams.  The 2nd part of the show is a tribute to Pirates of the Carribean and the 3rd is Haunted Mansion. 

The Jack Sparrow crypt door is triggered to fall on command by a small motor and the pirate with one of the canons is living inside.  The 2nd canon is behind the black curtain behind the bush.  The skrim panel covering the porch hides a hung skeleton that is set to reveal like the Master Gracey in the ride.

The video is pretty poor but it gives you the general idea of what I was able to do.  We used 32 channels, video projector, 3 laser modules and lights. The canons are mini foggers rigged up with relays to trigger from the LOR. 

VIDEO:

http://s843.photobucket.com/user/beaverstaterich/media/P1090252_zpsf70ba393.mp4.html

Pics of display

005_zpsef473e97.jpg

Thanks Paul! Now comes the fun part-tear down and storage.  (Just where am I going to put 2500' of electrical cord???)