Light-O-Rama Forums

copy past channels from one sequence to another ?

hankp123

Can it happen some how ?

I have over 300 channels and when thing need to be changed it takes days to fix, it seems it could only take hours. I just need to copy and paste channel from one sequence to another. I can not import the channel congif as it would ruin my sequences.

any tricks ?

Why can't you import your channel config? How does it ruin the sequence?

If you were to take your first sequence, make the change and export it to a new LCC, you could then import to your existing sequences. (Assuming they are all set up the same way, or they all started from the same LCC)

my sequences are all different set ups, some use only reds and whites and that all the channels I used on that song, the next sequence my have everything in it, butt all channel would be in different order, 300 plus channels. My mini trees 15 had white and blue, but only nine had reds and greens, I added reds and greens to the other trees and new controllers for the  12 channels, and had to rearrange all the channels.

15 minis  x 4 channels each = 60.

I just want to be able to repair one sequences and paste it into the others that need repair/rearrange. 14 songs 300++ channels.

I just think i'm missing something here   lol

I fix the 60 channels for the mini trees, now I want to take those, copy and paste them on the other sequences that need them, But I can't.

it seems I would have to rearrange all my old sequences to be the same ( ouch) make sure the new dummy channels or in the right place, then import the channel congfig,  or go repair the 60 channels one by one.

I think we need the ability to copy, paste groups of channels from my 2013 tester config and put them in the old sequences.

The Channel Configuration tool is very effective at import/export of channel configurations. However, as you have found out, when you go modifying each sequence to be different from the other (from a channels standpoint) it's not as effective. In fact, you could consider it almost worthless.

I've got a post online that talks about Tracks, and how they can help you. If you were to have a master track, and then various working tracks, you wouldn't have this issue. You could make the change in the master track once, and the other tracks would be updated right away. You could then export/import the LCC, and the remaining sequences would be updated.

This won't help you know, but the concept of what you want to do is there. (Granted, there are those who would like it to do even more, but I'll let them speak to that.)

It seems like the software would have to be changed to make this happen. I'm sure i am not the only one that has had this problem. 

If you were to go with the tracks method I mentioned above, things would be much simpler for you.

I have several clients that change things from year to year. However, I use the tracks method to keep things straight, and make for (relatively) easy changes from year to year.

Don, you may be right but I still want to be able to copy and paste channels.

I am the user, I did nothing wrong, the software is limiting my needs, lol

I'm looking for the ez way out,

I want the Big Red EZ button     hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I'm a noob here. but have a similar question. Have 304 channels into 34 groups. Is there a way to export my channel config with the groups? When I import my chan. config, it does not keep all my groups...so each new song I have to spend all the time recreating the groups.

Hank I know the way I do it year to year when I add new channels is to create a new sequence, import my new channel configuration and just use the select row option and cut and paste the old sequence into the new one. Works for me

Maybe this would help

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Here is a faster way to copy cells.

1. Select the first cell in the number of rows you want to copy, ie 8 rows.

2. Now go to EDIT/SELECT/ROWS, this will select the entire 8 rows without doing a move to the end of the sequence.

3. Now do a EDIT/COPY, this will copy the information in each cell.

4. If you need to copy the timing then also do a EDIT/COPY TIMING. Make sure you still have the entire row still selected.

5. Move to your new sequence and select the first cell you want to start the paste.

6. If you are adding the timing then do EDIT/PASTE TIMING a dialog box will come up and just click OK, your timing will be filled in.

7. Now to copy the light functions, make sure you have the first cell selected then do EDIT/PASTE and you are done.

Hope this is clear.