Light-O-Rama Forums

Another one burnt from a WH transmitter - Help

need lights

I have the CZH05B transmitter and have been using it this year (my first) with no issues. It's very simple to use, easy to set up and really is plug and play. The price is nice too. With that said, my audio levels are all over the board: one song very loud, the next, very soft. So, I appreciate the advice on Breakaway! Will try the demo tonight and see what happens.

I use the CZH-05b from amazon, works great, over a half mile of range and just had to balance the levels in the computer as well as the input on the transmitter itself. Just had to mount the transmitter as far away as possible from other elctronics to avoid static and interferrance.

I have the CZH05B transmitter and have been using it this year (my first) with no issues. It's very simple to use, easy to set up and really is plug and play. The price is nice too. With that said, my audio levels are all over the board: one song very loud, the next, very soft. So, I appreciate the advice on Breakaway! Will try the demo tonight and see what happens.

Sounds like you'd benefit from a slick little freeware program called MP3 Gain. It can equalize the loudness of all your songs in about five seconds. Presuming, of course, that you use MP3s...

Made an accidental discovery about the WH Transmitter, the audio in wire matters A LOT.   I had mine working well and the audio in wire got broken, so I replaced it with one from Radio Shack that is larger, it is not working nearly as well.  Going to try to find a higher quality cord now. 

Made an accidental discovery about the WH Transmitter, the audio in wire matters A LOT.   I had mine working well and the audio in wire got broken, so I replaced it with one from Radio Shack that is larger, it is not working nearly as well.  Going to try to find a higher quality cord now. 

If you're referring to the audio cable going from computer audio out to transmitter audio in, did your original audio cable have "ferrite coils" on each end near the plugs?   If so, the radio shack cables do not, so you have to purchase a couple and add them to Radio Shacks cables or the RS Cables will not work well.  They tend to pick up electrical and other interferences without the ferrite coils.

I had to put some on the radio shack cable I bought to replace my transmitters original audio cables, once I added them just about 4-6 inches back from each of the male plugs on the audio cable I got, haven't had an issue with them since.

The ferrite coils and I know they have another name, which escapes me at the moment, but they cut back on the EMF messing with the audio signal.  Anyway, the coilds just snap over the existing wire and they helped out quite a lot.   Not sure if radio shack sells them or not though.

I use a Ramsey25B and had issues at the start of the season. Traced it down to my j-pole and found water in it. Put the standard antenna back on it and rock and roll. I get about 150 yards each side of the yard and that plenty for me.

Jeff