Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to move images across the screen?

chowell

I have a 12 ribbon matrix and am wondering the best and quickest way to sequence an image.....say a bouncing pumpkin or a ghost....to move across the matrix?  Is it best to draw them in scene mode and move them by time....or is there a much quicker way?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

That's how I've done it in the past.

Is it best to draw them in scene mode and move them by time.

Thanks in advance.

Corey

That's how I've done it in the past.

I think you are thinking of the right thing, but your terminology is not correct. You create scenes with the scene dialog box and scenes do not move unless you draw a series of them.

Images are designed to be used as a frame by frame animation or you can create one image and move it in a straight line from point A to point B. To make a bouncing pumpkin would require one image and two image actions. When creating an image action you specify the coordinates of the start point and the coordinates of an end point. Coordinates can be confusing, but when you add an image action the default start and end point will move the image from the top to the bottom. Try changing one of the coordinates by one or two pixels and see which direction the start or end point goes, then you can move it accordingly to where you want it to go.

To learn about animations in general, there is a powerpoint presentation on my web site. Go to www.superstarlights.com and click on click on "Powerpoint downloads" in the section on the left side labeled "Other"

• Like 1

Thanks Brian!  I will check that out.  I have watched the text tutorials time and again but have not seen anything on images and animations.  That will help a ton!

Corey

• 1 year later...