Light-O-Rama Forums

Test Run w/ New Controllers

DanielleCopeland

Quick question (I feel dumb asking this).

background
We have 4 new LOR1602W controllers (the showtime package). We have an electrician coming to install some more power for our display. Until then, I am testing my sequences by hooking up about half of the channels into those village cords that have a C7. This way, I can see in person (as opposed to just the animation viewer) how the lights act as they dim, fade, etc.

question
I am assuming I can plug all eight power cords (coming out of the controllers) into one outlet using a power strip during this test phase as long as I only have one C7 plugged into each of the 64 channels. Am I correct or incorrect? I'll wait to hear back before I plug anything in.

You should be just fine doing that. http://planetchristmas.com/FigurePower.htm I would highly sugest that you bookmark that page for future reference when seeing if your going to go over power consumption.

Also note that not only are you going to have thos 64 lights on but whatever else is plugged into that breaker. But those c7's should only be about 2.6 total amps to run however.

You should be fine if you use a plug strip with a breaker. I recommend that you use a 12/3 extension cord, and plug it in to your washing machine plug. This plug is on its own 20 amp breaker. This way you can plug several strings in for your test.