Light-O-Rama Forums

First attempt at dancing fire

ststock23

Looks cool!  The knuckleheads around here would burn themselves up in my display if I had them...  That's why I don't put the Jacob's Ladder out; haven't found a good way to prevent electrocutions.  :)

I keep them far away from traffic, in a fenced off area. The Jacobs ladder prop is always a sore spot. I put it behind glass.

thats cool, I had thought about adding the flames this year. but the only place i could find them was in china.

I used tiki torches, some solenoid valves and copper pipe and fittings. Built it in a weekend. Still need some improvements but it was easier than I thought.

Did you create these yourself or did you use schematics from online etc? Would be curious how you made them? I also do pyrotechnics and are looking for ways to enhance my private shows

Looks cool!  The knuckleheads around here would burn themselves up in my display if I had them...  That's why I don't put the Jacob's Ladder out; haven't found a good way to prevent electrocutions.   :)

I had a Jacob's ladder where I put the neon transformer in a plexiglass box I bult and then put an acrylic tube over the rods for the Jacob's ladder.

Drill a few air holes at the bottom so the air can rise in the tube. I made the tube several inches higher than the rods so one would have to reach and strain to touch the rods.

You could also put a large mesh plastic screen at the top to keep fingers out and let air out.

I also like the idea of a fenced off area. Some Danger High Voltage signs add to the effect.