Light-O-Rama Forums

opening files from lorsequences.com?

-klb-

Has anybody else seen this? I have tried three different files from lorsequences.com, and with each of the files, it appears that the sequence editor starts to load the file, then just goes away without any error message other than the windows request to send in the crash report...

It makes it kind of difficult to use their timings if you can't even open the file...

- Kevin

Does it happen when you try to open the sequence or try to play it? If it happens when you try to play it it's probably beacause you need to open the audio file. Those sequences do not have the audio files attached. If it only does it when you just try to open the file I'm not sure since I have downloaded several sequences and have not had a problem opening them.

I found the solution, at least for mine...

Open LOR, go to edit:preferences:display preferences. Uncheck view waveform by default.

Then you can open the file without it trying to convert the non existent audio file...

- Kevin

Are there still any issues with this? Is the waveform display causing a problem? I can drop all this info into the FAQ if you let me what specific issues are causing files from the site to crash the LOR sequence editor.

Michael, LORsequences.com Admin

Deselecting the wave form as default worked for me also. I was having problems not only with some of the downloads but also with some of my own sequences from two years back.....

This might be an issue to have the beta testers check out to make sure it is documented or fixed in the LOR II version?

I added a faq entry which should help. What other problems were you having with your files, Kevin?

As far as beta goes, you'll have to talk to LOR directly about that. I set up the sequencing site to give people a platform to be able to share sequences, but it is not affiliated or monitored by LOR. I just don't have the time to keep up with the site and get all the entries moved to the right categories. I really should check-up on the site more often.