Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Version Numbers

Denny

Having followed the progress of LOR II for the past 1 1/2 years or so, perhaps some of you software pros out there can help clear the cloud of confusion for me. For example, the betas for LOR II are numbered 1.9.1, 2, 3 etc. I understand these are just the different beta version numbers. Since LOR II won't have a number such as 2.0.1, does the version number mean that LOR II is a significant enhancement of LOR I? When would any software version number change from something like 1.9.4 to 2.0 or 3.0, etc? When LOR is further refined to require firmware upgrades to out controllers, would that be a 2.0 series or simply a change to the next release number such as 1.9.4?

In one of the posts, I noticed one of the beta testers stated they reverted back to using LOR I for their sequencing. Does this mean that once a file is opened and saved in LOR II, that it will now be able to still be used in LOR I (contrary to what was said originally about the LOR II files not being compatable with LOR I?)

Just guessing, but once LORII becomes a general release it's version number may in fact become 2.0.x as far as a version number. (not that it matters a great deal except to the programmers for tracking)

As far as LORI sequences being changed once opened in LORII I believe that is still the case.
However, since you have made a back-up prior to doing that (you do back-up your sequences don't you?) you will still have the original to work with in LORI if you wanted to! ;)

As Terry mentioned, you cannot go back to LOR I from LOR II. LOR II will automatically save a copy of the original LOR sequence but you sould make your own copies.

The first production release of LOR II will be 2.0.0

Dan