Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Firmware

redsea300

I am running 12 CCR's on 3  networks using USB-485 ISO. They have version 1.07.  Should i update firmware to latest. Also I tried to download newest firmware and I had no Save target if I right clicked.

Thanks in Advance

Don C.

Can I run the CCR's at 500K. I am using the USB-485 ISO. I though they would not run the 500k speed.

Edited by redsea300

Can I run the CCR's at 500K. I am using the USB-485 ISO. I though they would not run the 500k speed.

I did some testing last year with an ISO and it seemed to work okay. The official answer (from what I hear) is that the ISO *should* handle 500k, but isn't guaranteed to do so.

Upgrading the CCRs to a firmware version capable of 500k would be the first place to start.

Then create a sequence with 12 (or more) CCR's. You only need 1 hooked up, but create the sequence with many. Since LOR will send all data out, regardless of which controllers are connected, you can test to see if it will work. A color fading chase should generate a lot of network traffic. Multiply that over 12 (or more) CCRs in your test sequence, and you have a real work simulation.

Don't forget to modify the network speed of your com ports via the LOR Network utility.

Thanks DON II will try that. The link says the item you are trying to get has been deleted or unavailable to me. I did sign up for a free version.