Light-O-Rama Forums

Troubles installing ver 3.10.12 on a laptop

Reefrus

Troubles installing ver 3.10.12 on a laptop.

I have a new laptop and was trying to install 3.10.12 on it but each time I try it shows error (Light O Rama is not correctly installed). I have deleted and reinstalled still same message, I do have current licenses. It works fine on my desktop.

Let's clean out the Light-O-Rama entries in your Windows Registry and in essence, install the S3 application from scratch.

If possible, open Sequence Editor and goto Help/About LOR Sequence Editor.  Copy your license key number somewhere.  You'll need this later.  Shut down the Sequence Editor.  

If the LOR light bulb is in your system tray, right click and pick 'Unload Light-O-Rama'

Go back into the Control Panel and uninstall the Light-O-Rama application.

Now we're going to wipe the LOR Registry entries.

Make a backup of your Windows Registry (do an internet search if you've never done this before... but it's easy)

Run the LORRegistryWipe.exe program.

This will clear out all LOR entries in the Windows Registry.

Now reload the Light-O-Rama S3 package.

It won't remember your Light-O-Rama License Key but you can use what you copied at the beginning of this process or find your license key here: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html

That's it!

Run your tests again.

One thing to add to Mike's reply, make sure after the file downloads, it is about 50meg in size, I've had the file download as complete, but the size was only 10-13meg, which isn't a full file.

Ok I did everything Mike suggested still no luck. Control panel does not load, seq,editor does not load, superstar demo loads, simple show builder loads, verifier loads, hardware loads but has error starting the registry watch network, servo dog loads, network does not load, Offline loads, I cannot put license key in?

Diagnostics loads and shows this

Registry: Shared
AppPath = Not Set
UserDataPath = Not Set
AudioPath = Not Set
NonAudioPath = Not Set
PostInstall = Not Set
PostInstallVer = Not Set
Reset = Not Set
Activation\Activated = Not Set

Registry: Tray
ShowSplash = Not Set
State = Not Set

Registry: Editor
NewAnimation\PromptForDefaults = Not Set
NewMusical\PromptForDefaults = Not Set
RecentFiles\File1 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File2 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File3 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File4 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File5 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File6 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File7 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File8 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File9 = Not Set
RecentFiles\File10 = Not Set
Toolbars\ShowStandard = Not Set
Toolbars\ShowTools = Not Set

Networks
Dasher Port = 0
DMX Listener Port = 8837
List Networks = False
Uses DMX = False
X10 Port = 0

Regular = COM 1, Speed 57.6K, Old MCP

AppPath Contents
AppPath = Not Set

Links in Start Menu

Raw Registry Entries
Hardware\DontShowPortPrompt (REG_DWORD/4) = 0

Did you run the install as an administrator?  Log into the computer with an account with Administrator privs, and then right-click the installation program and select 'Run as administrator'.  You need to do both.

Did you run the install as an administrator?  Log into the computer with an account with Administrator privs, and then right-click the installation program and select 'Run as administrator'.  You need to do both.

Mike I ran as administrator, I also disabled WebRoot virus protection, I even tried a older version of the software. This is on a Toshiba lap top. It has me baffled as to why it will not install on the laptop.