Light-O-Rama Forums

Started hanging lights today

cj351

After ten months of planning, researching, scheming, learning, programming, rethinking, reprogramming, purchasing, changing, reprogramming again, and finally changing one final time, I started to hang the lights today.

I looked at my wife while walking out to the yard and told her that there was no turning back now. She stopped, looked back at me and said, "I think we passed that point a long time ago."

I love this hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Guest wbottomley

cj351 wrote:

I looked at my wife while walking out to the yard and told her that there was no turning back now. She stopped, looked back at me and said, "I think we passed that point a long time ago."

NICE!:D

On the same line...

Up to this point my wife thought this was a crazy idea (animating christmas) and wanted nothing to do with it.

I have a small display set up in the basement just for sequencing purposes, last week my wife asked me what I have been up to in the basement so much. So I brought her down and ran a few of the songs I have been working on. Her eyes lit up like mine did the first day I got my controllers. Last night I came home from work and found her down there doing some sequenceing.

I guess the bug bit her too.

Greg wrote:

On the same line...

Up to this point my wife thought this was a crazy idea (animating christmas) and wanted nothing to do with it.

I have a small display set up in the basement just for sequencing purposes, last week my wife asked me what I have been up to in the basement so much. So I brought her down and ran a few of the songs I have been working on. Her eyes lit up like mine did the first day I got my controllers. Last night I came home from work and found her down there doing some sequenceing.

That's awesome. My wife is finishing her 1st song for the Halloween display today. What bothers me...it's pretty darn good! (I think she might show me up this year.) :shock:

Greg wrote:

On the same line...

Greg, with your wife on board things will be much easier. Now Heather does most of our sequincing. I just design and set up. Plus she can hear the music much beter then I can, meaning she has a whole lot more musical background then I do. Last year she would do a 96 channel sequincd song in about 2-4 hours. Way faster then I can do them.

That's cool, I'll take all the help I can. My 5 Year old wanted to try tonight (he liked making designs on the grid) turns out it really wasn't that bad. Maybe in a year or two I can do just the construction and they can cover the rest.

• 2 months later...

Greg wrote:

Greg:

I did the exact same thing. I used tomato cages as trees and set them on our pool table. Each time I finished a song, she made me set up then entire show, and play all the songs so she could watch. But, the look on her face the first time she saw it outside was priceless. I can't get her to sequence for me, though. She says that I started it, so I have to do all the work. :D

LOL

We are pratically neighbors. I't funny I got these two responses I put everything away last weekend and my wife asked if I was going to leave anything set up in the basement. I asked her why is she going to start for next year. she told me she would rather wait till november. I guess she likes the pressure! Besides I think she wants me to figure out S2 first.

greg

• The topic was locked