Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Control

Jason

I'm new to this stuff and trying to get the wrinkles ironed out for a Halloween display. I can't seem to get my LOR controller to respond to the sequences. In the hardware utility, the unit ID is set to 01, the switches in the controller also 01, and the testing in the hardware utility works fine as well. In the sequence, I have the right unit ID and channel set, control lights is checked, and the comm port is right, but still no lights turn on when the sequence cues them...? They worked for a second when I was messing around with the unit ID's, but I can't get it to go back to that setting. The controller's switches were set to 04 when I got it and the hardware utility recognized it as "4 - CTB16D ver. 3.0". I changed the switch to 01 and used the hardware utility to change the ID in the software to 01. Still no response from the sequence. I've tried changing the channels in the sequence to other unit ID's with no result. Any ideas?

Guest wbottomley

Jason wrote:

I'm new to this stuff and trying to get the wrinkles ironed out for a Halloween display. I can't seem to get my LOR controller to respond to the sequences. In the hardware utility, the unit ID is set to 01, the switches in the controller also 01, and the testing in the hardware utility works fine as well. In the sequence, I have the right unit ID and channel set, control lights is checked, and the comm port is right, but still no lights turn on when the sequence cues them...? They worked for a second when I was messing around with the unit ID's, but I can't get it to go back to that setting. The controller's switches were set to 04 when I got it and the hardware utility recognized it as "4 - CTB16D ver. 3.0". I changed the switch to 01 and used the hardware utility to change the ID in the software to 01. Still no response from the sequence. I've tried changing the channels in the sequence to other unit ID's with no result. Any ideas?

First off... you might want to update your hardware utility and firmware http://www.lightorama.com/support.html in the controller.

Second... the address id's are set in the controller not the hardware utility. Now that's assuming you have the 16d controller as described above.

Try this... disconnect power, turn controller switch to 00, power on for 15 sec, disconnect power again, set id to 01, then power back on. Check your hardware utility to see if it comes up at unit 01--4.01.