Light-O-Rama Forums

Chime-O-Matic

rgardner518

Not sure if everyone sais the good news. But the Chime-O-Matic is finally in production!

I searched this forum for a little while and didn't find any topic soly on the Chime-O-Matic. A lot of people questioned it or asked general questions about it. But I saw that it was finally in production for the 2013 season. So I wanted to pass this along to anyone who ever comment on the Chime-O-Matic, so they can get theirs right away.

http://www1.lightorama.com/chime-o-matic/

Not sure if everyone sais the good news. But the Chime-O-Matic is finally in production!

I searched this forum for a little while and didn't find any topic soly on the Chime-O-Matic. A lot of people questioned it or asked general questions about it. But I saw that it was finally in production for the 2013 season. So I wanted to pass this along to anyone who ever comment on the Chime-O-Matic, so they can get theirs right away.

http://www1.lightorama.com/chime-o-matic/

Until I see it in the store, or actually see one in person, I'm not going to believe this.

How long has this thing been rumored? 

Until I see it in the store, or actually see one in person, I'm not going to believe this.

How long has this thing been rumored? 

Don, Your so right. But if you read the webpage, you will see for yourself. On a side note...I love their new website!

I read the web page. And the page on the old site saying 'coming soon'.

Don't see it in the store, though.

Still not believing it.

lol, I wish I had the spare 5.5K to do it! I understand they are taking phone orders on it. But if anyone gets one, I'd love to see it in action...

I read the web page. And the page on the old site saying 'coming soon'.

Don't see it in the store, though.

Still not believing it.

Me neither Don.   If this thing was really available don't you think LOR Dan Baldwin or one of the other LOR employees that post info, like Bob from LOR would have posted an announcement in the forums here?

And even put it as a sticky at the top of the list so everyone would see it when they visited the forum?

So I have my doubts this is going to materialize anytime soon.   And since it also says indoor only, how you gonna see it if it's hidden inside a house?

I believe this page has been like this for a while. Remember seeing it listed like this quite some time ago.

The big question I have is whether LOR will ever produce a RGB strobe like I saw somewhere a few years ago?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I know I'm not really willing to spend $5,500.00 all on one thing, but does anyone know if this is a programmable device. What I mean is if you have sheet music would you be able to program the chimes to ring to the music, or is it just a stand alone device.

I know I'm not really willing to spend $5,500.00 all on one thing, but does anyone know if this is a programmable device. What I mean is if you have sheet music would you be able to program the chimes to ring to the music, or is it just a stand alone device.

Seeing as how in all probability it's not a real device, I don't know if anyone would have an answer for that.

I guess I just don't 'get' this... and why it would be worth that much money?

Hitachi makes a chime o matic. It's a rice cooker.

Holiday lights and a warm meal, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I just don't 'get' this... and why it would be worth that much money?

its a long standing joke on here as are the bacon references.  In the early days Dan was looking at programming one of those to play Christmas music if  I am correct.

the room or musical instruments or both?

As I understand it, Dan couldn't get the tuning right so he bought a professional orchestra chime and used solenoids as strikers.

It should be mounted to an inside wall of his house.

They probably used it a "filler" on their new website. 

Orchestra chimes are in the $2000-$6000 range, without any electronics.

Three years ago, without knowing one actually existed, I tried to make a chime from conduit and tubing.

Only got 5 notes within tune and the others were close when mixed with regular Christmas music.

Used it only for musical accents, not entire songs.

Used 24vdc solenoids with a LOR DC card and had to use 1/20 second grids with a full on and ramp to zero to avoid 'double hits' when the chime returned and struck the solenoid plunger.

There's a video out there somewhere of it.

• Like 1

its a long standing joke on here as are the bacon references.  In the early days Dan was looking at programming one of those to play Christmas music if  I am correct.

DID SOMEONE SAY BACON!?!?!??!?!

• Like 1

DID SOMEONE SAY BACON!?!?!??!?!

why yes we did!! now I just need to remember where I found the bacon wave and the bacon bowl!!