Light-O-Rama Forums

Chasing

Jeff A. Galbreath

Jeff A. Galbreath wrote:

How to get the mini trees to chase, what is the best sequence to use with music.
Jeff G

Hi Jeff,

That can be a hard one to answer because it depends a lot on the song. Take a look at some of the videos on the video page. Many of the displays have mini trees and you may get some ideas from the videos.

In general you see a couple of main chases (with a million variations)... You get the long snake effect where the trees chase from one end to the other, one tree on at a time. Then you get groups of trees going back and forth. On a heavy beat the groups going back and forth look good to me. And on a soft melody the long chase looks best to me. (but this is just my opinion!).

Best regards,
Dan

Jeff A. Galbreath wrote:

What about the duling banjos music? Would that be good

Jeff G

That would be a good song for mini trees.... Half the trees are one banjo and the other half are the other banjo.... When the music kicks in you could have the trees going into a rapid chase perhaps 1 or 2 trees being chased by 1 or 2 trees (depending on the number of trees that you have.

Dan

Here is the link to my banjo song.

The snowflakes on the roof are one and the mini are the other. Stick with it as I think you may get some ideas on the mini trees. There are 48 trees in this line plus 21 more closer to the mega tree.

This year not sure if I am going to do it again but can tell you it was a show stopper. Had one group come from 75 miles away to see this one song as a friend called them. Just think I thought it was going to bomb when I was doing it. You could actually hear the people cheer inside my house.

Sorry I am not very good at video but think u will get the idea.

Sorry for the basic question but I am a newbie.

So if I want 20 trees to chase across the yard and that is all I want on at the time, I will need to use 20 channels for trees only? Right

Lee