Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving the view layout to another sequence ?

Guest guest

Hi guys...

I'm brand new to LOR. I was totally blown away with the Carson commercial and videos. I just sat and watched in awe with my mouth open for about the first 20 times that I watched the clips.

I have been working on a couple of songs, getting the sequencing down so I'm ready for next year. (I'm planning to go with 48 channels - my neighbors will NEVER catch up :laughing: ) I'm fine with that. I have laid out the "View" for my projected lighting layout for one of my songs, and it works great. My question is, can I move that same lighting layout view into another sequence for another song ? (The light strings, after all, will all be in the same places) If so, how ?

Thanks for your responses.

Dave Town

It is exported with your channel configuration (via the import/export channel configuration commands under the Edit menu).

When you import a channel config, it will ask you if you also want the animation info as well.

-Tim

DownTown,

Welcome to PlanetChristmas!

I see that Tim has already answered your question for you. However, I encourage you to check out my LOR FAQ which has answers to this, and many other LOR related items. The address is in my signature.

If you have anything you'd like to see on there, simply let me know!

Hi guys... this thread isn't dead yet... :laughing: I just finished reading the FAQ, and you were right, the answer to my queston was there. Sort of :)...

Exporting the channel config from one sequence and importing it to the other filled in all my channel info. But the View, the little picture that shows what the sequences will look like when played when the lights are actually attached, was still a blank. I had to recreate that little drawing manually. Is there a way to copy that from one sequence to another ?

Thanks.

D.T.

It will ask if you want to import the animation, or something like that. (Don't have the software with me.)

Try importing again, and it should ask you a question. Say yes to it, and it should work for you.

Edit: It's been forever since I did an export. Make sure you export the animation as well.

ahhhh... I said no to that question, because I thougt that it would import the light sequences... Let me go try that. (don't go away yet... I'll be back to let you know...)

Thanks again.

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

ahhhh... I said no to that question, because I thougt that it would import the light sequences... Let me go try that. (don't go away yet... I'll be back to let you know...)

Sorry I wasn't clearer above. That's what I meant by
When you import a channel config, it will ask you if you also want the animation info as well.

The view you're talking about is called the "animation view". The word "animation" is a bit overloaded in LOR, admitedly. It can mean an animation sequence (non-musical sequence), the animation view (the thing you're talking about), and sometimes people even use it to mean the lighting events in a musical sequence... AL calls their similar feature the "visualizer" and I sometimes steal that word since it's less ambiguous...

-Tim