Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom Color Wheel

MazdaFan

Good Morning, Brian

I was wondering if there was a way to create a "Custom Color Wheel" for the instant sequence effects?  A way to limit the colors used in the effects to a specific color group. (I guess you could consider this a feature request). 

What I'm saying is that I would like a way to select certain colors (Deep Red, Purple, Lime Green, Orange, Yellow) for the use in effects for Halloween... or Red White and Blue for the 4th of July... or Pinks Reds and Whites for Valentines day.  In other words, a way to limit the colors that are cycled by your instant sequence effects. (Sorry if I'm rambling.. its early and I haven't had enough coffee yet).

Your new "Colors by Group" in the latest beta is a great start... I just want to be able to select what group colors I use.

Thanks for a great piece of software, and actively developing it to the users needs.

Jamie

• Like 1

Currently there is no way to create a "custom color wheel," but it would be a good feature to add next year.

Right now, the best you can do is to select a particular color by time, and go through the colors you want one by one.

Hello Brian I have 15 ccr's some 3years old can I udate the firmware on all of them and if so what version should I use and do you update one at a time Thanks Dennis Laff (put the spider web up today looks great)

Yes, all CCRs can take the new firmware.

To update the CCR controllers to the latest firmware, do the following:

1) Download the latest S3 software if you don't already have it

2) Launch the Hardware Utility

3) Click on the "Refresh" button, after 30 seconds or so it should find your CCR controllers and list them in the list box

4) Click on the "Firmware" button at the bottom

5) Step 1 - click on "Selected unit listed above"

6) Step 2 - click on the "Open" button and select "CCR150D-V1_17.lhx"

7) Step 3 - click on the "Download" button

8) After 20 seconds or so it will tell you it is done

9) Select the next CCR controller and click on the "Download" button again

Do this for each CCR controller

• 1 year later...

Good Morning, Brian

I was wondering if there was a way to create a "Custom Color Wheel" for the instant sequence effects?  A way to limit the colors used in the effects to a specific color group. (I guess you could consider this a feature request). 

What I'm saying is that I would like a way to select certain colors (Deep Red, Purple, Lime Green, Orange, Yellow) for the use in effects for Halloween... or Red White and Blue for the 4th of July... or Pinks Reds and Whites for Valentines day.  In other words, a way to limit the colors that are cycled by your instant sequence effects. (Sorry if I'm rambling.. its early and I haven't had enough coffee yet).

Your new "Colors by Group" in the latest beta is a great start... I just want to be able to select what group colors I use.

Thanks for a great piece of software, and actively developing it to the users needs.

Jamie

Has this option been added?  As I am looking to use four custom colors with instant sequence as stated above for different holidays.

This option has indeed been added and is in the current 3.12.2 release. In the Instant Sequence dialog box there are four buttons in the upper right labeled "Set Custom Colors". For each of the four TCM you can set up to 8 custom colors that the effects will cycle through. After setting the customer colors you want, set the "Colors" drop down to "Custom Colors by effect" or "Customer Colors by group".

Thank you for the help!  Here's a perfect example as to why someone should update their software to the newest version.....doh!  Speaking of newest version.....looking forward to the release of S4!