Light-O-Rama Forums

Apps iPhone -iPad

eurbani

Does anyone use any apps for their iphone to help with their show?

Here are some that I use:

Teamviewer (accesses my show computer)  I drag my iPad when testing instead of the computer.

Rise & Set (Displays the local sunset, sunrise and twilight Times).  Want to know when it will be dark enough for your show?  This is a good one.

HolidayLight -- Not great, but a decent way to find local Christmas Light Displays

Ohms Law Helper -- Easily converts Watts to/from Amps

Fairy Lights -- Man I could have used this for light spacing when I was a teenager and cared about such things.

MyRadar--IMHO, the best Radar App.  You can "see" the rain/snow coming.

I have an IPAD and I use LOGMEIN to remotely control my desktop with LOR running.  I've use the sequence editor and the control panel/utility to control my LOR boards.  Works good for me.  Allows me to walk around my display and not have to run back to my desktop each time I want to make a change.  But I have to be in range of my wireless network in order for it to work.

Just loaded Teamviewer.  Very cool.  Should be a big help when running show from basement.  

I downloaded Christmas Lite Live Wallpaper on my Android.  Originally because it has a cool tree that reminds me of a CCB tree, but what is even cooler is that you can edit the Christmas Count Down to be a Light Show Count Down!  61 days, 14 hours, 38 minutes, 37 seconds.......

I tried the teamviewer just now and it won't allow to connect to any computer without a teamviewer ID # which you can't get for unknown reasons. There's no definitions or help functions to explain how to do this and I'm very computer literate. The LogMein program is expensive and although I didn't try it, the reports are there that if it doesn't work, you can't get your $30 back, therefore not worth the risk too me.

There is also the free remote control app called VNC (Virtual Network Computing)

It does require that you set a password on the machine you are remoting to (during setup) and you will have to know the name or IP and password. Also needs a copy loaded onto the system that will control the main computer.

I just downloaded team viewer on my desktop (pc), then downloaded app for my ipad. Connected and all is good. This is awesome. I can't wait till my display is out to play with it. Last year I ran a 100 foot cat 6 cable to my laptop and sat across street tweaking things. This will be much better.

I tried the teamviewer just now and it won't allow to connect to any computer without a teamviewer ID # which you can't get for unknown reasons. There's no definitions or help functions to explain how to do this and I'm very computer literate. The LogMein program is expensive and although I didn't try it, the reports are there that if it doesn't work, you can't get your $30 back, therefore not worth the risk too me.

You have to download the teamviewer client on the PC that you want to control.  It will create the ID# for that computer and give you a random password (or you can pick your own).

Yeah, I finally figured that out. Its a crude control method but it does work, so I'll give it a try when I start setting up next month. Thanks!

• The topic was locked