Light-O-Rama Forums

1st test of my Color Cosmic Bulb Tree

Frank Farmer

Frank-

Looks like a great way to use the CCB's.  How did you string the bulbs?  In other words, where does the controller go and how did you address them (reverse address on half the string, etc.)

Ken

The controller is at the bottom of the tree, just above the lowest branches. Each string comes straight out in opposite directions at the base of the tree and then spiral upwords in a double-helix with the last bulbs attached at the top of the tree. The string is configured with the last bulb as #1 (top).

I plan on tie wrapping each bulb onto a tree limb facing out.  Each branch is siliconed into place so it doesn't come out.

The tree post will then slide over a 6' piece of rebar with just over 2' of the rebar in the ground.

I'm going to try to paint the green wire and bulb based with a white spray called "plastic-dip".  I'll put finger cot's over the bulbs when painting to avoid spraying the bulbs.  If your intereseted I can give and update and I continue this.

I plan on making 8 tree's, 7 for the display and 1 spare.

I got the white christmas trees after christmas last year at Lowes at 70% off (all 30 of them for $11/each). I love the after Christmas sales. :)

Edited by Frank Farmer

• 2 weeks later...

Frank:

It sounds like you used both strings of the bulbs on your tree, am I correct? And that is a 6 foot tree?

Dave

• The topic was locked