Light-O-Rama Forums
Trickyd

crash of sequencer

Dear Mike,

I have found one strange behaviour of the sequecer

Tried it on several units, pc I5 16 gb with windows 7 , mac 27 I3  8 gb  with vista, macbookpro 4gb  vista

When starting the sequencer and loaded a file.  if directly after loading I then by mistake click the "play again button"  the sequencer crashes.

I know I should choose the play button, but I made the mistake twice, and could reproduce it afterwards.

If I have used play button and then play again it is no problem at all. the sequencer runs fine as usual.

second but  positive remark:   With 3.10.8 I can run both the sequencer and the visualiser on the same mac together both active . Even on my macbook pro it runs ok like this.

This was not running ok with older versions

Thanks.  Let me take a look at that.

This will be fixed in the next release.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Even though Bob has already said it will be fixed in the next release...

I can duplicate the issue and confirm...

AMD quad Core

16GB Ram

Win 7 - SP 1

3.10.8 advanced after loading a big sequence in editor when loading another to copy and paste from sequencer locks up and crashes     windows 8 pro 8 core processer 16 gig ram 2 NVidia sli cards 560ti all  asus material including motherboard

both sequences were made in super star and sent to editor

ss only limit to 3600 channels I believe so I have to make 2 different visualizations and then send both to editor then copy and paste  didn't have any trouble with 3.10.6

I wished youd bump up the ss limit on rgb  I have 4833 rgb channels (and counting) so I can only do 3600 on 1 sequence and then the rest on another than put them to editor and copy paste to make 1 sequence

Edited by john fulkerson

I have a similar problem to John F.  When I'm copying and pasting channels in the sequence editor it eats memory on every copy and paste until I run out of physical memory and the sequence editor freezes up.  I usually can copy about 4 channels before this happens.  It never seems to unload the memory it uses.

I'm on 3.10.12 Advanced.

As a followup I did find in the forums as a workaround is to go to "edit" and disable "undo recording"  this helps but it still seems to consume memory every time i do a cut and paste.  I don't recall this being a problem in earlier versions.