Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless and Windows 8

possumhollow

New guy here!!!! Getting ready to put my lightorama on windows 8 platform, anyone had any issues with that. Also, The only platform I could get my wireless to work on was an old xp. Never could get it to work in vista. Will 8 support it. Can't wait to get started this year.

New guy here!!!! Getting ready to put my lightorama on windows 8 platform, anyone had any issues with that. Also, The only platform I could get my wireless to work on was an old xp. Never could get it to work in vista. Will 8 support it. Can't wait to get started this year.

Are you asking about the Light-O-Rama Easy Light Linker (ELL) 'wireless' option? If so, the OS shouldn't matter, so long as the software will run on the PC, then you are good to go. You will also need to make sure that you are using at least the USB-485B adapter at your computer, as that device has the ability to power the ELL. 

Thanks, I have all the equip as I used it for 2 years on xp, my software would lock up on vista, so want to make sure before I purchase a new laptop nobodies had any problems. Thanks to all.