Light-O-Rama Forums

Witch Silhouette

JoeKinne

I have a Bethlehem star mount on my roof for my Christmas display.  I am hoping to create a full moon with a witch silhouette to mount to it for Halloween.  Not sure how to light it.  Any suggestions?

Here's what I did: Place a couple wood blocks between the back of the witch silhouette and the face of the moon, creating a space of 2"-3". Then place a strand of lights in that space created. The witch gets backlighted and the moon will pop out. I liked the results.

It's buried in my storage unit. It'll be 3+ weeks till I did it out. However it was based off of this pattern from The Winfield Collection:

http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/product/2441/Witches

I put 3 or 4 pieces of 2x4's about 3"-4" long, placed them on end, between the two pieces to create the illusion of the witch flying in front of the moon. I don't recall if I used 1/2" or 5/8" thick plywood, but it was heavier than I expected it to be. Depending where you plan to put it, anchoring it will have to be stout.

Thanks for the Info, we winged it last weekend and created a plywood cutout , I just have to mount it to the moon now and get more Amber C7 lights.  I will post a couple of pictures once I have the demo done.