Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP New To Lor I Need Of Lots Of Help

jose8223

I am North East of Downtown Orlando.  Downtown is approximately 10-12 miles give or take from my house.  I live off one road that goes North and South and approximately 2-3 miles{driving directions, as the crow flies would probably be about a half to 1 mile} South of East S.R. 50/Colonial {as 50 goes East and West} and the road I live off of ends at 50 into a WaWa and a Nissan Dealership {which just opened on the North side of E. S.R. 50 this year in 2013. And I am also West of Union Park off E. S.R. 50.

Now are you even more confused than from the original area I said I was located in?

BTW: If you enter my address into a GPS system or mapping system, it will not give you my exact location either, it will show you my address as being anywhere from 400 feet up to 1600 feet from the actual and real location of my house!

Edited by Orville

BTW: If you enter my address into a GPS system or mapping system, it will not give you my exact location either, it will show you my address as being anywhere from 400 feet up to 1600 feet from the actual and real location of my house!

So nobody really knows where you are even the satellites or maps?  So I guess you really are lost in space. :)

I am North East of Downtown Orlando.  Downtown is approximately 10-12 miles give or take from my house.  I live off one road that goes North and South and approximately 2-3 miles{driving directions, as the crow flies would probably be about a half to 1 mile} South of East S.R. 50/Colonial {as 50 goes East and West} and the road I live off of ends at 50 into a WaWa and a Nissan Dealership {which just opened on the North side of E. S.R. 50 this year in 2013. And I am also West of Union Park off E. S.R. 50.

Now are you even more confused than from the original area I said I was located in?

Like I said, ENE of Orlando.  So, Jose, you now can clearly see that it is not worth your while to come see Orville for help.  Plus he lives too far away from Homestead. 

Rather, I would instead watch all these tutorial videos and I think it will start to make more sense:

http://www.lightorama.com/S3TutorialLinks.html

I would also go through these "quick start guides" and "training presentations" and "using the software links" and it will help bring you up to speed so you can pull off a small show and bring great delight to your children:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documentation.html#Quick_Start_Guides

• 2 months later...

Thank you all you guys for support. I had lots of time on my hands so I started with halloween show with 32 channels now have upgraded to 80 channels and 35 min christmas show thanks to my wife sequencing around the clock. Its never to late just depends how much time you have and are willing to put in. I had nights of installation till 4:30am with halogen floods in the yard to make daylight just set a goal and anything is possible.

So nobody really knows where you are even the satellites or maps?  So I guess you really are lost in space. :)

Yep, I googled and mapquested my address, both show an EMPTY VACANT CORNER lot.  I'm NOT on a corner lot at all, at least 3 houses from one one way and about 5-6 houses the other.  Road is a circle, only one way in and out of the park where I live, as they closed the road that was closest and easier to explain how to get to my house.  

Now only main entrance is the way in and out, and directions from there always seem to confuse folks, then when they use their GPS to find me, well then somehow and I have no idea how, then end up in the South side of the park.

Then  I usually end up with a phone call asking, "How do I FIND YOUR HOME?" and "Where are YOU actually loated?"  

So then, phone call usually comes, then I end up driving out to find them and LEAD them back to my house. LOL

The park is split by a neighborhood road, and the South side used to be a completely different park, and different owners at one time, now it's all one very large manufactured home park.

But no matter how simple I make the directions, somehow people still get lost and can't find us, without me going out and,leading them in. LOL