Light-O-Rama Forums

1Jsys P12s board and LOR

msteiner57

Hi everybody,

My first post. Knew it had to happen sooner or later. I purchased a P12s controller and am trying to get it to work with my sequence editor. I have it set up for E1.31 connection. I have been through all of Andy Harrisons videos on set up and such which was a tremendous help. Problem is, I cant get the sequence editor to Light up any of my strings. I have seen the USB dongle problem, have that taken care of. Have the network set up for E1.31 multicast. My listener sees all of my universes. Everything seems to be good but I just cant get the sequence editor to play my lights, ( the control light stays lit) All of this has been one step at a time. If I can get the lights to work I want to get the Superstar sequencer. I get a kick out of using it. Just don't want to spend the money if I cant get lights to work. I am under the assumption that I do not need a dmx dongle using E1.31.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Why are you going thru the dongle? You need to plug into your computer where you would plug in your cat 5 cable for the internet.

It seems your wiring is correct - network to j1sys card. Have you configured the P12 card? I had to try a few times too before it started working just fine...

Funny this topic came up today.. I bought one of these in Jan and just now unwrapped it to give it a try.  My board failed.  The Ethernet connector only lasts about a minute. Turns out it appears to be the osc.  They are sending a new osc.. Hope to get it running when I replace it.

I have a P12S, and the first time I started it up I got the same thing! Mine was simple; I connected the power supply to the wrong header, there are 2! From that point on all was well.

Sometimes it's the silly simple thing we overlook!

I have a P12S, and the first time I started it up I got the same thing! Mine was simple; I connected the power supply to the wrong header, there are 2! From that point on all was well.

Sometimes it's the silly simple thing we overlook!

Your Enet connector worked for only a minute then stopped?  That was a power connection issue?  That doesn't sound right..

Your Enet connector worked for only a minute then stopped?  That was a power connection issue?  That doesn't sound right..

No, sorry it didn't read correct. I was stating that I couldn't get My P12S working at first because I connected the external power supply to the wrong power input. There are 2, one for each have of the channels. One also powers the P12S, but I connected the power supply to the one that didn't power the board, nothing worked and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then the light came on, moved the PS to the other input and it worked.

Sorry it took me this long to get back, holiday weekend and all. I think I found out my problem. I have a problem with the board. Working with the supplier, sending info to them about the string, ip configs etc., setting it back up the last time, the board did not light up. If I put a little finger pressure on the K1 connector then everything would work. When i let go, it would go blank again. Waiting for a reply on how they want to handle this for now.

I appreciate everyones concern and input on trying to help.

to reply to some of the questions,

The dongle: had to plug in the rs485 for my sequence editor to keep ins control light on. Not using it for the controller

The lights did work in test mode when the board was not being finneky

The card was configured, did it through the USB connection.

As I said, I watched all the videos and read all the info I could before I even thought of purchasing it.

I have been playing around with the Superstar demo and I really enjoy it. It has it's quirks, but once you figure them out, it is a lot of fun, at least for me it is. Thats why I took this leap

• 2 months later...

Having a similar issue....I can run the test pattern, get into the config and set up my strings. But LOR isn't outputting to board.

Ideas?

• 1 month later...

FOR those that use a Dual NIC in their PC's

I use LOR Dongles for the AC controllers and CCR's

I then use a Second NIC for E1.31 to my J1sys ECG P12S and P2 controllers.

In using a second NIC, It would not work and I had no lights.

To fix it, I deleted the Multicast routes as administrator at the CMD line.

This fixed the problem and the listener worked and I was able to get all the lights working.

Vic

FOR those that use a Dual NIC in their PC's

I use LOR Dongles for the AC controllers and CCR's

I then use a Second NIC for E1.31 to my J1sys ECG P12S and P2 controllers.

In using a second NIC, It would not work and I had no lights.

To fix it, I deleted the Multicast routes as administrator at the CMD line.

This fixed the problem and the listener worked and I was able to get all the lights working.

Vic

Vic,

Is it possible to do a "screen shot" of how you deleted this??

I need to ask the definition of "NIC"? I have a new P12S as well and just today, I received my WS2811 pixels. When I configure the card, all lights on the single string I've connected so far, all pixels turn on white. I've configured the first port as Universe 2 with 150 channels for the 50 WS2811 pixels. Speed set to 1000 and activated. The test mode dip switch does nothing. I tried everything covered in the P12R videos and carefully did all the LOR configurations. I do see the LOR monitor program and its listening for that port. I disabled my AV software just in case and the control panel is running...but no commands do anything to control those pixels. They just sit there on and white. The only thing is the first pixel will go blue, when rebooting the P12S then go back to white when its done. No clue what I'm doing wrong and yes, the normal LOR USB/RS485 adapter is connected.

Oh yes, I tried both "specify" and "multicast" settings...nothing changed but the monitor program did see the changes.

NIC=Network Interface Card in this case?

Edited by dgrant

Just sent you a message to help troubleshoot the problem.

By the way, I found the optimal speed setting for my Ray Wu WS2811's was 2400

Ryan

Yes, that worked and Thank YOU!!!! I'm a happy camper now  :D  Tomorrow, I'll connect the other pixel strings and set this up for real so I can save the configuration in the hardware for LOR. Again, many thanks

:)
David