Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Basic Training - Visualizer

Don

Upcoming Online Training

Title: LOR Basic Training - Visualizer (a.k.a Getting started with the Visualizer)

Tentative Dates: Tuesday (9/3), 8pm CDT & Saturday (9/7), 9pm CDT.

Course Description
This course will be a basic introduction to the Light-O-Rama Visualizer. We will show you how to set up the visualizer so that you can preview your sequencing without having to wait for your display to go up.

We will use a 32 channel display and show you how to set up the channels in the Visualizer and then quickly define the UnitID and Circuit of each channel.

After completing this online training course, you will be able to assign your channels to your display in a quick and simple manner. You will also be able to make changes to your visualizer in a quick and simple manner. 

There is no guarantee that any RGB devices will be covered during this course. However, if time permits the RGB features will be limited to Light-O-Rama products only.

---
Dates will hopefully be finalized this weekend. Will announce the times here, and via the Synchronized Christmas, "Light-O-Rama News and Information" newsletter.

Times for the LOR Basic Training - Visualizer course have been set. There are two times to choose from, and each session will cover the same thing. When you visit the registration page, there will be a drop down (at least until Tuesday night) allowing you to pick which session you want to attend. Please note the cost for either session is $12.50.

Tuesday, Sep 03, 2013 - 8:00 PM CDT
Saturday, Sep 07, 2013 - 9:00 PM CDT

Follow this link to register for either session.

Looking forward to the upcoming training webinars.  I was present at the free webinar a couple of weeks ago and was at the Sat 8/31 training.  Both great online training courses with good information for new and seasoned individuals.  It is well worth paying the minimal fee and spending your time at the training.  Thanks Don!

Looking forward to the upcoming training webinars.  I was present at the free webinar a couple of weeks ago and was at the Sat 8/31 training.  Both great online training courses with good information for new and seasoned individuals.  It is well worth paying the minimal fee and spending your time at the training.  Thanks Don!

Thank you for the kind words. Good to know people are learning from these training classes.

Right now for the Visualizer course I plan on reviewing some of what the Visualizer is, and some basic terminology. We'll then get into a live demo of setting up the Visualizer for use in a display. 

See you there!

Someone asked me this question in email tonight.

Q: Do you have to have a copy of the Light-O-Rama software to participate in the trianing?

A: You do not need to own a copy of the software to join the training. You will be watching my screen as I go through the training class. If, for example, you are still running a 2.9.x version of the software and want to see what the Visualizer is all about, you would not need to upgrade your license in order to participate.

Thanks for the great class on the Visualizer.  I really enjoyed it and learned quite a bit.  It was nice to be able to ask questions and receive immediate feedback.

Thanks for the great class on the Visualizer.  I really enjoyed it and learned quite a bit.  It was nice to be able to ask questions and receive immediate feedback.

Good to hear that it was helpful.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the request that was made at the end of the session. I'm hoping to get to it this week. 

Good to hear that it was helpful.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the request that was made at the end of the session. I'm hoping to get to it this week. 

I wasn't able to participate in the training "live" - will you be offering a recorded version as well?

I wasn't able to participate in the training "live" - will you be offering a recorded version as well?

Yes. However ... I'm still researching ways to present the content.