Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Tutorial

MikeH

Some time ago, earlier this year or late last year, someone here announced there was going to be a webcast of some sort to help us new RGB people out in understanding how this works.  It was also mentioned that one could buy an RGB kit from DIYLedExpress that could be used during this instruction.  I ordered the kit right away, I finally received the kit several months later.

I have been trying to locate the thread that mentioned this, but have not been able to locate it.  Does anyone know if this webcast was archived somewhere?  I sure would like to know more about DMX & RGB.

MikeH

I don't remember the kits ever being mentioned on LOR forums. But the intro to RGB FB group was where this originated. Check there and I know there are instructions on there.

Could've been the Online Mini Conference. I know that Sean's weekly Nutcracker live tutorial originated from these but I don't know if the originals by gigogigg have been on lately. Maybe search for them, I know there was a thread that had the videos from each live conference..............

Many thanks to all who have provided the many links to tutorials, these will be very useful for me. But what I have here is a kit with no instructions. There is a power supply, an ICB with dip switches and connections for wires, 6 pixels on a short string and an Ethernet cable. How do I hook all this up?

Mike

Best bet would be to contact the folks you bought it from, DIYLedExpress, they should be able to give instructions.

Many thanks to all who have provided the many links to tutorials, these will be very useful for me. But what I have here is a kit with no instructions. There is a power supply, an ICB with dip switches and connections for wires, 6 pixels on a short string and an Ethernet cable. How do I hook all this up?

Mike

Mike I bought the same kit from dyi when I heard about it from ULTIMATE. I did find the site for the hook up and did it. The web site has the hook up information. But when I contacted the ULTIMATE he did not know about the sequencing tutorial for the smart pixels.

John (oldandslow)

Mike I bought the same kit from dyi when I heard about it from ULTIMATE. I did find the site for the hook up and did it. The web site has the hook up information. But when I contacted the ULTIMATE he did not know about the sequencing tutorial for the smart pixels.

John (oldandslow)

Where is the site?

• The topic was locked