Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Can LOR be used to start a Fire?

Guest guest

tfischer wrote:

There would be ways to make LOR create a spark. But as others have mentioned, it would be hard to light a candle with a spark. I also think it's a bit scary to have an unattended candle in a display (assuming you're not going to sit and watch it every second).

I think a flicker-flame candle might be the best (and certainly the easiest) option.

I been wanting to be able to ignite and adjust flame heights of LP gas powered tiki torches for years. Best I have been able to figure out is use Deisel glow spark plugs and use servo control to open up, adjust and close the LP gas flow.

I havent pressed the issue too much because this is something more of an engineer's task rather then their being a ready to purchase product and the apparent danger using explosive gases.

Guest guest

:laughing:This reads like a typical post on the "MYTHBUSTERS" forum:laughing:

Guest guest

I thought this was Mythbuster forum !!!!

Guest guest

Threads like this is why there is no offseason at Planet Christmas. Reminds me of the thread last year where guys were putting mini strings in buckets of water and plugging them in. Made me go :shock:. Then :laughing:.

Guest guest

I was just going to mention where last years thread ended up with us putting Mini Lights in buckets of water and then freezing them. (shaking head)

AS my lights were in my bucket of water and my hand was on the switch, with meters and such ready for a quick measurement. I was thinking that exact same thought. Was this really a good idea or just plain stupid ...

turns out it was just a stupid light trick

we need our own show ...