Light-O-Rama Forums

Hacking GE color effects

davidjcastaldo

All you need is a sandevices e.1.31 controller and an advanced LOR license. I have 1,500 of them all individually controlled by LOR.

Edited by dougd

I just bought 50 GE pixels for $1.57 per pixel (including sales tax and shipping) from HomeDepot.com. Is this a reasonable price, or can I do better?

That's a good price.

At Hobby Lobby, I found some 35 light strings of GECEs for $40 and used a 40% off coupon to get it down to $24.

I kept returning for 4 weeks with a new "coupon of the week" until they ran out.

i am using them in my rgb tree topper and a 16 x 16 matrix controlled with a sandiness 682 and a 684 on the back of the tre topper i have had and used them for the last 2 years.

Edited by t purser

i did the "Steve's" color effects hack with a 50 pixel string using the sandevice e682, ran the test sequence through the e682 and it worked flawless. Is the LOR advanced software required to run the DMX universe or can the channels just be changed individual and programed?

If anyone has done this let me know, time is not on my side this season

• 2 months later...

All you need is a sandevices e.1.31 controller and an advanced LOR license. I have 1,500 of them all individually controlled by LOR.

So its a definite that I need the advanced software level to program the G35???

So its a definite that I need the advanced software level to program the G35???

You definitely need to have DMX capability. You can use the iDMX1000 or the ELOR without the advanced software level.

• The topic was locked