Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Clips

rainyoregonchristmas

• 3 weeks later...

The quote is in from the injection mold shop.  I've crunched the numbers and am ready to proceed with the project.  YEA!!!! 

Since things have changed from last year to this year in the method of production (from extruded to injection molded) I am in process of updating the project site on Kickstarter.com.  I need to re-shoot the video about the clips to include up to date information.  Once I do, everything else is in place.

To give you an idea of what the Kickstarter will look like the per clip price will be $0.15.  It takes into consideration, production, packaging and shipping to you.  The funding goal for this project is $25,000.  Which sounds like a lofty goal until you break it down.  It's really not that bad, if you broke that up into lots of 1,000 you'd only have 167 boxes. 

Keep in mind as it is a Kickstarter.com project, unless it reaches its funding goal, it will not happen.  Trust me, there are no other costs for me to cut to do this project any cheaper.  I'm not making anything on this run of clips, this is the at-cost-price.

I'll post a link to the Kickstarter project just as soon as it goes live.

-Matt

Rainyoregonchristmas

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

The quote is in from the injection mold shop.  I've crunched the numbers and am ready to proceed with the project.  YEA!!!! 

Since things have changed from last year to this year in the method of production (from extruded to injection molded) I am in process of updating the Kickst

Cool

The Kickstarter project is in "Review" status right now, just waiting on Kickstarter to make sure it complies to their rules.  The nature of the clip makes it kinda hard.  It is on the fringes of what they deem acceptable. They don't like the reward tiers to simply be more of the original product. 

I on the other hand want the "Rewards" to simply be pixel clips.  I want to make sure that the more you give, the more you get back.   I set it up so each reward tier has more and more pixel clips.  We'll see what they think.  If they don't like that structure, I may have to set it to just one "Reward tier."  Right now the tiers are set up like this:  $21 = 100 clips.  $75 = 500 clips   $150 = 1000 clips $225=1500 clips  Etc.

I'll keep you all posted and will notify everyone when it goes "Live"

-Matt

Rainyoregonchristmas

Kickstarter is a great thing... but takes FOREVER to get things to get rolling.  Still waiting on them to approve my changes.  Looks like maybe next week now.

Heard back from Kickstarter today!!! They have approved the reward structure, which is good for all of you so you can get the number of clips closest to what you really need. They did want me to be a little more thorough with the time line for production so I listed a step by step. My changes are done, so I've ping-pong-ed it back to them. Waiting again. Hopefully a response won't take as long this time.... hopefully!!!!

DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND CHRISTMAS IS COMING !!!!!

There's only 324 Days to go!!!!