Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting Colors in Sequence Editor

sharpsvillelights

Here are some options:

1. Use the "Color Fade" tool, the "Choose" and "Copy" buttons to make the same color.
  2. One you have the color you want, copy and paste.
  3. Use a saved clipboard with the colors you use most often.
  4. Set a primary color yourself by expanding the RGB. Then, use the fade tool to fade into the color you want.

Steven,

I am able to set the color on the DMX floods using the basic RGB colors.

I open the fade tool and see their is a left and right choose for the color you want

So I made both the left and right the same color per your instructions.

At the bottom there are 4 options (regular, twinkle, shimmer, DMX).  Should I be selecting DMX.

Since both the left and right are the same color I should be able to hit either copy button.

The probem is that the paste button on sequence editor should be enabled so I can paste but it is grayed out.

So I am still confused as to how to get the single color in the fade to my sequence editor DMX flood.

The "Copy" buttons in the color fade tool have nothing to do with the clipboard. They are methods of setting the left or right colors. Clicking the copy button on the left will copy the color on the right to the left. It is similar to the "Swap" button, which copies in both directions at the same time. All 8 buttons in the Color Fade dialog are used to set the left, right, or both colors of the tool. They don't have any side effects.

If you are controlling a DMX channel, then the DMX option is probably the correct one to use.

Once the colors are set, using the color fade tool is not as intuitive as other tools. Unlike the On/Off/Fade/etc. tools, it doesn't operate on a single cell, but acts between points. If you click and drag horizontally, it seems to apply the fade in the direction that you moved the mouse, up to the next timing marks. So if you want to use it to set the color of a single cell, you need to set the left and right colors the same, then click and drag the mouse in the same cell.

If you select (by clicking or the arrow keys), a single cell, then apply the color fade tool, it appears to operate similar to the Fill tool.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been toying with the RGB color fade in anticipation of purchasing some of the CCB units. I first wanted to see what it involved in the sequence editor to put something together. It does not appear that I am correctly applying the steps. I select the color fade tool, I let it stay at the default red to green fade, I click on the section of the grid that I would like to apply the effect and drag it for several seconds. When I unclick the mouse nothing appears in the row that I just dragged the mouse across. In the window that appears when I hover over the area I just attempted to apply the effect it indicates 100% off. What am I missing here??

I have been toying with the RGB color fade in anticipation of purchasing some of the CCB units. I first wanted to see what it involved in the sequence editor to put something together. It does not appear that I am correctly applying the steps. I select the color fade tool, I let it stay at the default red to green fade, I click on the section of the grid that I would like to apply the effect and drag it for several seconds. When I unclick the mouse nothing appears in the row that I just dragged the mouse across. In the window that appears when I hover over the area I just attempted to apply the effect it indicates 100% off. What am I missing here??

Are you applying the color fade to a RGB channel? If not, then nothing will happen, as the color fade tool isn't supposed to do anything on regular channels. You would need to make sure you use an RGB channel.

When you refer to an RGB channel, how does one go about designating a channel to be RGB. I went through all of the drop downs in the sequence editor and saw nothing that seemed to offer a choice in channel designation. I have the most recent copy of of software for LOR so I would imagine that I have what is needed I just need to know where to look.

WHEN YOU START A SEQUENCE YOU LIST YOUR CONTROLLERS SAY UNIT ONE 16 CHANNELS  NOW RIGHT CLICK ON CHANNEL ONE AND A POP UP WILL APPEAR IT WILL ASK TO INSERT RGB CHANNEL

When you refer to an RGB channel, how does one go about designating a channel to be RGB. I went through all of the drop downs in the sequence editor and saw nothing that seemed to offer a choice in channel designation. I have the most recent copy of of software for LOR so I would imagine that I have what is needed I just need to know where to look.

There are many ways to create a RGB channel. As mentioned you could right click on a channel and convert it to a RGB channel. You could also right-click on a channel and say "Insert RGB Channels" (and there are a few options to choose from.) You could also add a device (again, right click on a channel) to add a Cosmic Color Device, or an RGB device.

Where is that information posted. That is way too easy. Thanks for the help

When in the Sequence Editor look at the top of the screen and click "Help -> Contents." There you will find quite a bit of good information.

One more inquiry before I make the plunge into the CCP( B) devices. Do you assign the controller that comes with the CCP( B) devises their own ID as with the LOR controllers? And with that how does one then further control the individual pixels on the devises as is mentioned in the CCP( B) descriptions.

• The topic was locked