Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless Question

litnup

I don't know this for a fact, but if they run on a cat 5 wiring system, it would stand to reason that they would work...do you have a link to the product?

I do not have personal experience with using a wireless router to broadcast LOR but in reading some of the forum posts a lag may occur as the wireless transmitter try to keep up with the data flow.

Litn....in looking at the linker itself, I'm up in the air on this...concept seems the same, but looks like a usb to cat 5 adaptor would be needed, but the big unknown is the protocol used for a D-lights controller vs. an LOR controller.   I looked at the PDF for the Dlight linker and nothing is specific in there...but I did send off a communication to them to find out first hand, instead of guessing ....as soon as I get a message back , I'll post it here.

They need to plugged into one of our ACx16 controllers. Then, they can
be used in an LOR network of controllers.

Alright well, is there any other wireless linkers to use out there that would work with LOR..........If worst comes to worst I would have to fork over the money for the LOR linkers, but I am just trying to save some money................

Alright well, is there any other wireless linkers to use out there that would work with LOR..........If worst comes to worst I would have to fork over the money for the LOR linkers, but I am just trying to save some money................

My guess is no, if there were a cheaper alternative, then the LOR ELL's would have to be slashing their price already...which is high school Econ 101....supply and demand! At least I retained a little bit from school :unsure:

The Cat 5 logic is would suggest that an WiFi router would also work.  But plugging the LOR network into an Ethernet port can kill the Ethernet port. 

Don't go there.   There are probably some RS-485 wireless bridges that would work, but they may even have screw terminals, or if they have cat 5 connectors, they may still have different pinouts, or different baud rates.  Nothing will be as plug and play, or have the LOR support of the real LOR product.

Will LOR controllers accept E1.31 directly?

No. There was rumors of a e1.31 to multiple network device, and being able to set some of those networks to LOR, but I have not seen it yet.

Will LOR controllers accept E1.31 directly?

No. There was rumors of a e1.31 to multiple network device, and being able to set some of those networks to LOR, but I have not seen it yet.

That would be awesome...

J1sys has the DR2 or DR4 that will output DMX from E1.31. Guess if I used a wireless client, and a DR2, I would then have wireless DMX....but then the cost would be about $100.

• The topic was locked