Light-O-Rama Forums

San Devices E6804 and LOR

jimswinder

Thanks to Michael Simmons and Jim from San Devices I am up and running.

A HUGE thanks to them both for spending the time and effort to get me educated and up and running...

I'd like to shout out a big thanks to my poopsy, Jim :wub:  for doing all this troubleshooting so that he can help me get up and running quickly when all my stuff arrives.   :lol:  :P  ;)

You're quite welcome Jim! It was a pleasure working with you....

---Michael

I'm sure I'll have other issues..so don't go to far away from your computer!!!  :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Similar question here. I am planning to usef an LOR CTBPC16 this year to drive 16 AC channels and use a SanDevices E682 to drive four non-LOR RGB pixel arches. I am not sure how to configure the CAT5 signal to the E682. Do I need to "split" the CAT5 downstream of the LOR-supplied USB RS485 dongle? Or can I just route a CAT5 directly from my PC or from our home's internet router? If I am reading some of these posts correctly, it looks like my PC and E682 both need to be hardwired to my router?? Thanks very much in advance.

You can either connect it to your router, straight to your network card or install a second network card for the e.131 data only. (which is what I did) DO NOT connect it to your LOR USB485 network!

Similar question here. I am planning to usef an LOR CTBPC16 this year to drive 16 AC channels and use a SanDevices E682 to drive four non-LOR RGB pixel arches. I am not sure how to configure the CAT5 signal to the E682. Do I need to "split" the CAT5 downstream of the LOR-supplied USB RS485 dongle? Or can I just route a CAT5 directly from my PC or from our home's internet router? If I am reading some of these posts correctly, it looks like my PC and E682 both need to be hardwired to my router?? Thanks very much in advance.

i have this same setup im using the e682 for 4 strings around my house andthe ctb16 for 16 ac stuff the ctb is connected via the dongle and the e682 is connected vid the Ethernet port on my laptop works a treat..

Network ports on a laptop can have a time out per say. It is a means to save battery power. Might open the start button, then the settings button and control panel and then hardware and network card. Look for a power saving setting such as turn off this device to save power.

Hey Everyone, I have a problem hope someone can show me the way, I have a sandevices E6804 E1.31 to a pixel strip I have everything working so far, I got the listener up and running, all the setting are right I just can't figure out how to put it on the viz and make it a pixel arch fixture/prop. 

look like i got it, with the huge help from ron boyd! the man, but now no blinky blinky, looks like my channels are correct and it playes on the viz, any thoughts on what can check, pix work in test mode for the ip address, i have the listener up and no problems there matching port in listener to sands device so what more do i have to look for.

look like i got it, with the huge help from ron boyd! the man, but now no blinky blinky, looks like my channels are correct and it playes on the viz, any thoughts on what can check, pix work in test mode for the ip address, i have the listener up and no problems there matching port in listener to sands device so what more do i have to look for.

You running unicast or multicast?

Check your settings, control panel, system, device hardware, then network adapter. From here look for a tap that might say something about power. What you are looking for is a box that can be checked or unchecked. You do not want to let the computer to power off the device (network adapter). Might also need to look in your power settings and make sure that nothing goes asleep or hibernate.