Light-O-Rama Forums

No new open issues on LOR II beta?

WayneKremer

I, like others, who have been watching the LOR II beta forum, have noticed that no new open issues have been reported. Most of the fixes are released into beta. So, is the beta firming up?

WayneKremer wrote:

I, like others, who have been watching the LOR II beta forum, have noticed that no new open issues have been reported. Most of the fixes are released into beta. So, is the beta firming up?

Two possiblities here... One is that the beta testers are slacking off;) or the software has jelled! I like to think that it has firmed up and is getting ready for release.

Dan

OK, so the big day finally arrives and LOR II is ready for release. Now, how do you keep your server from crashing when all of us try to download it at the same time!;)

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
One is that the beta testers are slacking off;)

Or we're making some really sick Sequences with the lateest beta release...:D (which means the same thing as what Dan said! ;))

Jeff

Sick sequences or Slick sequences? :P

Jeff Millard wrote:

Denny wrote:
OK, so the big day finally arrives and LOR II is ready for release. Now, how do you keep your server from crashing when all of us try to download it at the same time!:P

Simple, it gets released by word of mouth only. One person at a time gets to download it, and pass it on to the next... Now, who is the LOR user that lives close to you that you want to select to have give you the good news?:cool:

...and who wants to be first in line?:shock:

Jeff

Hummm, I'm in upstate NY, who's the closest Beta tester to Rochester area??? Just kidding, I just put out my small holloween static display tonight. Way behind on christmas this year. But I'll be third if no-one has claimed that spot yet.:DKidding again.

Denny wrote:

OK, so the big day finally arrives and LOR II is ready for release. Now, how do you keep your server from crashing when all of us try to download it at the same time!:P

Bit Torrent! Bit Torrent! ;)

Edit: Hmm, can those be protected somehow so not just anyone can get it from a BT?

On many WWW and FTP servers you can limit the number of connections, this would help preserve the server from being over loaded.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Tell you what, when it is released... I promise to wait 72 hours before D/L...

Jeff

Edit: did I say hours? sorry... I meant seconds:cool:
funny...BUT youre a tester so you have a version MORE feature packed then what WE would get ;)

You know Jeff, most people just put in an application to work with someone, but hey, if you wanna break your arm, can we first hook up all those funky hospital gizmos to some LOR equipment????

Hmmmm...I could have some fun with the x-ray machine! :-)

Jeff Millard wrote:

Sorry, you know how us Philly people are...:cool:

j

yes... we're all familiar with the "iggles" fans! ;)

Jeff--you're not that far a ride from me-- perhaps i'll have to do a drive by when your show is up and running!

Well Jeff you did it differently to become a BETA.

I asked last year. Designed a display for LORII and then it was not ready.

I asked just before PLUS this year. Then reminded Dan of my terrible, heart breaking situation last year. Then cried on the phone. Then sent his wife flowers in his name and his son a new pony.

So he begged me to stop and let me test.

My testing has been sequencing only. I am not a techy but can put some mean moves on lights and love being exact. So I guess I was the ordinary fool of the group. To be quite honest with you some of these testers must really know their stuff as they are putting this software through the grinder. I read what they write and then go and try to do the same thing. Yeah right.

Jeff I know Dan does not want us talking much about it. But I am amazed at the speed in which I could get some songs sequenced. Right now I have sequenced 9 songs and I run well over 400 channels (468 hooked up).

I have a few songs that have to be dead nails exact and II enabled me to concentrate on the feature part of my sequences which I could not do in LORI.

I think they have a winner but people just need to be patient.

Oh great bring in some ringers!:P

You know it is about this time that I either start planning or have already decided what I am going to do the following year. This year I have no clue. I have been working non stop since January and need a few days to rest.

One thing for certain Jeff, once you start making your own custom frames you will be hooked. Start simple and you will amaze yourself as you progress.

Robin wrote:

Jeff I know Dan does not want us talking much about it. But I am amazed at the speed in which I could get some songs sequenced. Right now I have sequenced 9 songs and I run well over 400 channels (468 hooked up).

I have a few songs that have to be dead nails exact and II enabled me to concentrate on the feature part of my sequences which I could not do in LORI.

I think they have a winner but people just need to be patient.

Cool!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Were it up to me JRV would most definately be first, and I'm very partial to the Philly area members so...

Hey, I am in Philly area :cool: Keep me in the line....