Light-O-Rama Forums

Hookup/setup of Sandevice system to LOR

csimmon5

I am totally lost.  I have my Sandevice PS1 and can get it to light up the pixels through the setup page (attached screen shot below).  But where to go from there, I am lost.  I have the universes added to the sequence editor through Bob O's vegomatic and I have all the universes in the network preferences set to multicast.  I guess what I really need is how to i set it all up with my existing LOR controllers to get the lights going through LOR.  From how do I connect/plug everything up to settings.  I'm so lost right now.  I have CCRs and CCPs so programming is no issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

post-3467-0-17621600-1376858794_thumb.jp

Ok i got it to work....hooked it up straight to the laptop with wireless disconnected.  But the control lights checkmark doesn't stay checked :/ .... any ideas?

figured that problem out...but this is so confusing...I can get one 50 pixel string to work on just one universe in the editor, but when I go to add anymore universes, madness occurs (i.e. wrong strings lighting up or random pixels on other strings light up :/ ... ideas?

did you read the instructions lol

u have to download them from sandevice u have to set the pixels u are using and the universes where they stop and begin

after u do that click refresh page and u should see some packets received

I use mine like this I have 2811 pixel strings  I have them on the first 8 plugs  universe 1 is 1-150  151-301  302-452    I don't go over 3 strips because a universe is 512 channels I believe and I use only 452  but the ps1 will bleed over to the next universe if not careful and light up lights randomly  on the bottom it tells u what to start and end ur universes at mine are as such     1-1 to 1-3 are universe 1 1-4 starts universe 2 so on the bottom where it says ur light type and universe I use  1-1 to 1-4 as start universe 1 and end universe 2 so that means for me circuit or plug  2-1 starts at universe 2 and 151 to 301  then plug 2-2 is 302 to 452 and so on   I use my second set of 8 plugs for dumb pixels  or straight dmx

I had to read the instructions very carefully after I got frustrated lol but it shortly turns on a light after u read and understand it

I use mine like this I have 2811 pixel strings  I have them on the first 8 plugs  universe 1 is 1-150  151-301  302-452    I don't go over 3 strips because a universe is 512 channels I believe and I use only 452  but the ps1 will bleed over to the next universe if not careful and light up lights randomly  on the bottom it tells u what to start and end ur universes at mine are as such     1-1 to 1-3 are universe 1 1-4 starts universe 2 so on the bottom where it says ur light type and universe I use  1-1 to 1-4 as start universe 1 and end universe 2 so that means for me circuit or plug  2-1 starts at universe 2 and 151 to 301  then plug 2-2 is 302 to 452 and so on   I use my second set of 8 plugs for dumb pixels  or straight dmx

Thanks for the reply...after lots of frustration and trial/error, I figured it out.  Instructions were very confusing.  First I had it hooked up all wrong, then didn't have control panel running, then didn't have rs485 dongle connected, etc...the final piece of the puzzle was I added my universes all weird and it was bleeding over.  Working good now :)

how about for a San Devices E6804?

I can get the device to do a test run and light the pixels..but no luck in getting LOR to control them.

Edited by jimswinder