Light-O-Rama Forums

Drawing Non CCR smart pixels strips in the visualiser

Kieren James

Hi everyone

I have spent a lot of time looking in the forum on this topic.

And the only way there seems to be able to draw a basic non CCR pixel strip in the visualizer is to use external programs that other members have created.

Surely this cannot be the only way to do this.

I would just like to add smart pixel surrounds to my windows frames in the visualiser.

Is the another way?

Cheers!

Is there another way? Nope. Individual bulbs are the only way to go, or the other program.

ummmm...can't you insert a string and then under Fixture Properties>Channel Type check the RGB Radio Button and then make the Device Type a DMX Universe?

Edited by jimswinder

ummmm...can't you insert a string and then under Fixture Properties>Channel Type check the RGB Radio Button and then make the Device Type a DMX Universe?

Dumb strings yes, but I don't think you can use that method to make smart strings, which have each bulb individually controlled. Although I have been known to be wrong before, lol.

• 1 month later...

I too am trying to avoid using other software to attempt to integrate into LOR to create such effects, it seems logical that a 50 pixel RGB string should work in the same or similar manor as a CCR and simple unlocking of this type of interfacing would be fantastic and allow me to simplify the cost and time of programming an already lengthy and expensive hobby.