Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit ID for CCR's

ezimnow

Need some clariity. I bought 2 CCR's this year and want to try them out. I have 10 Controllers unit Id's 1-10...Question do I use the next Id of OA or 11 then12 or OA and OB?

The simple answer is, "Which ever one you want."

The OCD types will point out that 0A is after 09, and 10 is after 0F. In hex the order is 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09.0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F.

I always say pick an order that you will remember, because most likely you will be the one having to troubleshoot it if something goes wrong.

The simple answer is, "Which ever one you want."

The OCD types will point out that 0A is after 09, and 10 is after 0F. In hex the order is 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09.0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F.

I always say pick an order that you will remember, because most likely you will be the one having to troubleshoot it if something goes wrong.

Agreed.

I do it this way,

Regular controllers = Whole Numbers, 01, 02 ,03 ,etc

CCDs = 0A, 0B etc.

Ok Cool thanks Don..I went with the Hex order so my last LOR  Controler was 0A and my first CCR was OB and the next OC...still no lights LOl...must be some other issue...

Ok Cool thanks Don..I went with the Hex order so my last LOR  Controler was 0A and my first CCR was OB and the next OC...still no lights LOl...must be some other issue...

What level of software are you running? Anything over 8 unit ID's requires the Advanced license.

Thanks Ron...I basically bought the Super star 2 CCR Sequence and I wanted to see how it looks but I cant get the lights to work on the CCR. I followed the instructions on Setting the Unit Id's then followed the instructions on exporting from superstar to Sequence editor but still not working...I'm sure I am leaving something out.

I know this is obvious, but ill ask anyway. Did you set the CCR ids to match the sequence? I only ask because thats what I did last year. I forgot to set Unit ids. All 4 were set to ID#1

Hello Ron....When I exported the sequence it said to leave the device as "sequnce" So I never changed anything

Try copying your exported sequence into your channel configure that should already be set up. Now try to play them again. SS usually takes the ids you set up in the program. I just thought of something, when you set up the CCDs in Superstar, did you go into the Tools menu and select "Configuration" and set up the CCD ID #s there? If not, that may be why it wont play the sequence on the actual CCRs. Expand one of the CCRs in your exported sequence and left click on one of the RGB channels and it will give you the info on the CCR, ie. Network, Reg, Aux A, etc.and the ID#. Make sure it coincides with yyour actual CCR IDs.

• The topic was locked