Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm Getting Nervous Again

Tom B.

Okay, I'm a believer (in Santa Claus and LORII) ... so I'm watching the days click off as we move closer and closer to the point of no-return.

I don't think Vegas has a line on LORII's arrival date ... but, I'm hoping it is soon.

Is there a guess out there regarding the release date??

With my fingers crossed, I'm hoping it is soon.....

T.

Scott Laska wrote:

Nothing like checking the web site twice a day to see if santa (lorII) has been posted.

Only twice/day?

Where's your committment!?! :)

Hmmmm, seems Santa has left the North Pole, now we wait ... please move back behind the big chair (so Santa can't see), leave cookies and milk out, and don't say a word ..................................

;)T

I'm a little confused or concerned... Not sure which yet.. Looks like there is an open show stopper, but it has a date of 9/9??? issue JM02.. Is this an old issue that has been reopened with the original date listed, or an error?

- Kevin

-klb- wrote:

I'm a little confused or concerned... Not sure which yet.. Looks like there is an open show stopper, but it has a date of 9/9??? issue JM02.. Is this an old issue that has been reopened with the original date listed, or an error?

Yes, JM02 is an issue that we thought we had fixed, but was reopened today.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was closed - I meant we thought we fixed it, so we had moved it to "Testing". By "reopened", I meant moved back from "Testing" to "Open".

Are you telling me "Santa is stuck in the chimney at the house next door?"

Darn ... I knew those people should have put in a bigger chimney!!!!:P

T

Looks like JM02 has been reclassified and is no longer a show stopper. It looks to me like all show stoppers are closed, or have fixes in the current beta.. There are new open issues, but mostly nusiance issues. :cool::cool::cool:

- Kevin

Tom B. wrote:

Are you telling me "Santa is stuck in the chimney at the house next door?"

Darn ... I knew those people should have put in a bigger chimney!!!!;)

T

Tom, what are you waiting for, go next door and get him out, he's stuck........

L. Leonhardt

Attached files 140280=8366-santa-chimney.gif

Alright, I went on a Rescue Mission ... just in case, I went in camo, so that I wouldn't be spotted.

As I approached the house where Santa was last seen, it became clear there were some AL-iens hovering around the house. They looked like they were up to no good, so I stayed back to survey the situation before making my move to attempt to rescue "the big guy."

After a few minutes, I realized, this plot to delay Santa was hatched by the evil AL-iens. Santa had in his sleigh a huge super computer, capable of downloading LOR II to all the young LOR-lings around the world. But, alas, it seemed AL-iens had taken control of the machine, and Santa was no where to be seen.

I've retreated, temporarily, to prepare a plan. I believe Santa needs our help ... and I think I and the other LOR-lings can use lessons learned by "Buddy" in the movie "Elf".

We must unite, and sing!!!! I call on all the LOR-lings to 1st become part of Santa's Army ... here's how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXyQAW8aXI

Then SING, our Anthem, the opening song from "Christmas Vacation." This will give Santa the strength to fight the evil AL-iens ... and deliver LORII to all the deserving and patient, and may I add .. HANDSOME ... LOR-lings who have been waiting for this day for lo these many years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNzF-Seg74

Oh, be careful, sometimes the AL-iens impersonate Elves!

DAY #2: Santa's Rescue

As dawn breaks, still no apparent movement. Santa has not delivered his precious cargo to the LOR-lings, and we are becoming concerned that the AL-iens may have done something to further slow Santa's removal from the Chimney.

The police have indicated they have received unsubstantiated sightings of a green creature lurking around the house next door. Amateur sleuths have also suggested that they have proof that a certain Mr. Grinch, IS an AL-ien. I'm not certain the two reports are connected, but we will watch for developments.

In the meantime, I file this report ... and feel you can decide for yourselves, as to the Grinch's AL-ien heritage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPBS7dVrE1U

I'm not sure what you are waiting for. Most of us have "lights on" in less than 2 months. At this point, there is no place for LOR II for the 2007 display. Get cooking with LOR I and worry about LOR II for 2008.

D.T

Tom B. wrote:

Okay, I'm a believer (in Santa Claus and LORII) ... so I'm watching the days click off as we move closer and closer to the point of no-return.

I don't think Vegas has a line on LORII's arrival date ... but, I'm hoping it is soon.

T.

DownTown wrote:

I'm not sure what you are waiting for. Most of us have "lights on" in less than 2 months. At this point, there is no place for LOR II for the 2007 display. Get cooking with LOR I and worry about LOR II for 2008.

D.T

Tom B. wrote:

T.

We'll i sent in the SANTA FORCE 2 squade, and we think the AL-iens have done something to our Santa and LOR II, Here is a picture SF-2 Took only minutes ago:

Attached files 140346=8371-santa_arrest.jpg

DownTown wrote:

D.T

Sorry D.T. but this is the same quote we have heard for the past two years.

Kind of sad we are hearing the same quote for the third year.

Ok, spotters have found the real Santa, he hhas LOR II ready for download, picture to follow.....

Attached files 140348=8372-santa.jpg

Hmmmm, "waiting" ... ah, yes, I am "waiting" ...

The dictionary says:

a: to be ready and available b: to remain temporarily neglected or unrealized

The garage says:

• waiting with 25 to 30,000 lights
  • waiting with 8 LOR units
  • waiting with a self-made Z-Tree
  • waiting with a herd of wireframe christmas creatures
  • waiting with wreaths, garland, bows, trees, thousands of feet of cord, thousands of hours of time invested in imagining, designing, synching, and buidling a display
  • waiting with great anticipation for the 3rd year for LORII
  • and most importantly, waiting with a bit of a sense of humor, cause I trust that this delay is only temporary, and Santa can't stay imprisoned by the AL-iens forever.

In fact ... overnight developments seem to at least give us hope that Santa is alive.

Day #3: Santa has a Lower G.I. issue

Judging from the last snapshot of Santa, it seems there is no wonder he was stuck in the chimney. But, at least he is out.

Word from the faithful LOR-lings is that progress toward Christmas will not be slowed. We all stand ready to work our magic when Santa is freed, and begins the LORII deliveries. We won't let the evil AL-iens defeat us.

A field report shows that the Santa Army is currently preparing for a full attack in case the worst happens ... this video should give you hope!:

Please keep it up. These updates are giving us something to hang on to. In times like these, we just want to remain informed. It's like CNN, but for Santa....SNN.