Light-O-Rama Forums

download existing sequences?

msjones2452

o.k. so this is only my second year running LOR. I ran my show last year from my desktop. This year I wanted to move everything over to a laptop to run the show. I've loaded LOR software onto it and tried to download my sequences from last year onto a CD to transfer them onto the new laptop but I don't know how. I know this may sound pretty stupid to most everyone here, but I have CID (computer intelligence deficiency) So my question is: how can I transfer all of my existing sequences from one PC to another and will I be still be able to make changes to those sequences? Also, all of my music files for those sequences were imported into LOR from Itunes. Do I need to have Itunes on my laptop for the music to continue playing in LOR?

You should be able to import your sequences from the desktop to the laptop.  The main thing to keep in mind is that the files need to be in the same place on each computer.  For example if your sequences are in the directory structure: my documents\lor\sequences they need to be in the same directory structure on both computers.  Same thing with your audio files.  As I recall, the default file location should be the same (mine are not in the default location as I store all my LOR files on my file server.