Light-O-Rama Forums

Honored to be added as a vendor.

rainyoregonchristmas

Thank you Light-o-Rama for allowing me to advertise my product to my fellow light enthusiasts.  For those of you who are not familiar with the "Rainy Tree" it was designed by me with input from other lighters so that it best fits our demanding needs for seasonal lighting elements. 

The Rainy Tree:

http://sdrv.ms/15lnYdQ

It also folds for storage:

http://sdrv.ms/187cys8

Not only do I offer the Rainy Tree but I also do custom machining for both small and large light related products.  As my business grows and evolves I will continue to bring new high quality products to the market place.  If you have questions, or requests please email or PM me.

-Matt Ross

Aka RainyOregonchriStmaS

Here's the price list you requested:

http://sdrv.ms/14bWKQQ

As far as sizes small or large that's not a problem, the beauty of the system is it is expandable.  You can make them as small or as large as you wish.  You can also use as few or as many branch sets on a tree that you wish. The reason I featured the 4 foot tree is that it perfectly fits a string of 100 Cosmic Color Pixels. By all means build the tree you want, the more you add, the fuller it becomes.

I should add, that though some of the photos show lights on the tree I am selling the trees only.  I'm leaving the lights off so that you can select lights of your own that will best fit the look you want be it with C9's, CCP's, light wire or even super strings of twinkle lights.

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

Hey Matt.

I'm looking for a design for a star.

What I'm looking for is aluminum or steel, flat stock to make it from. I'm looking at anything between 12 and 24 inches.

I plan on using RGB strips, I haven't decided on smart or dumb yet, but that's not important at this time.

Do you have anything designed like that yet? I could get a wire frame, but the few wire frames I have don't look like they would hold the strips very well, they're made more for LED or incans with clips.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks for the info, I need about 16 trees,  about 2 feet tall,  you made a great tree nice work, but a little out of my price range but thanks for the info and I will keep it on hand if things change. again great job.

Ralph, sorry that they are out of your price range.  When I designed them I knew that would be an issue of the design.  The complexity of the custom machining is responsible for the majority of the cost on the trees.  Most of it due to the center hubs which require pretty intensive interaction by the machinist even while using a CNC.  Since you are looking for only two foot trees, if you are not stuck on a twig or branch styled tree I have another style that might work for you.  It still folds but requires less machining work.  Give me two weeks or so to get a demo model ready and then I'll post some photos.  Ron, how many points are you looking for on the star?  Next question, thin or thick points?  I have a design using the same aluminum flat stock, its 1/2" wide which will work well on ribbon.  At the 12-24" size it also won't flex much at all.

I'll work on those.  I am assuming that since you are you are using RGB strips, you don't want them to fold is that correct?  Folding takes a bit more engineering, I have a working folding prototype, but not a production model yet.   As far as the large ten point star that will take a little more work, but I have a configuration in mind that should work well.  Also are you wanting just one star outline per frame, or do you need more than one like you would see in a 2, 3 or 4 channel star wire frame star?

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

I got to thinking about it, and I was thinking those little 3 inch modules will probably work best for that. Since there a solid backing and waterproof and everything I'm thinking that that would work better. Probably six inches on each arm six and a half for 7 maybe that would hold two modules on each arm which would equal 20 modules total per star

For the design that I was thinking, just a single outline or the star. The basic 5 point would be fine. No extra fabricating needed. Ill type more when I get home.

Later,

Ron

For those of you on the fence, I'm preparing to start a run of trees this next week.  If you let me know soon I can get your trees in on the run and cut down the typical  lead time with scheduling at the shop.  I make all trees to order and it takes a few weeks to process an order from machining, plating and test fit. 

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

Ok sounds great thank you

the thought behind the raineytree is that most of us have bought the cheap "made in china" variations, they have mostly lasted one season and were not reusable or not very easy to store.  It isn't for the person looking to have stick trees just this season and then onto something new next year.  They are designed for the person that will use them one way this season, re-purpose them for next season, and need to be able to easily store them.  These are built to last.

Thanks Caniac,

Speaking of re-purposing here is something my wife actually came up with.  She saw how I was helping my father build his mega tree, and wanted to know if I could use my brackets to make a smaller version.  I converted my Rainy Tree to this version in about 30 minutes from disassembling, to creating the banding straps, to reassembly.  It really is that flexible of a system.  Your imagination is the limit on where this system can take you.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B391FEB1972280F0!199&authkey=!AN0Qxu3QjuYi0FE

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

Hi Matt,

The new design is nice, but the stick tree is still for me!  :)

Lori

Not surprising Lori would go for the "stick"...

Speaking of re-purposing here is something my wife actually came up with.  She saw how I was helping my father build his mega tree, and wanted to know if I could use my brackets to make a smaller version.  I converted my Rainy Tree to this version in about 30 minutes from disassembling, to creating the banding straps, to reassembly.  It really is that flexible of a system.  Your imagination is the limit on where this system can take you.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B391FEB1972280F0!199&authkey=!AN0Qxu3QjuYi0FE

I like this concept for making an RGB tree...even using CCR's...

Edited by jimswinder

Thanks Caniac,

Very nice. I do like this concept. It's a little late for me to be doing this yet, but, I will plan on these next year.

Ron, what were you planning on mounting the star to?  It will give me an idea of whether or not it needs hardware attached or not.

-Matt